Home Non Cigar Related

Honeymoon spots

Any suggestions on a nice affordable honeymoon spot? We have been looking at Punta Cana, DR and some caribbean cruises but haven't decided on where yet. Help a brother out! Thanks

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    We went to an all-inclusive in Riviera Maya, Mexico. I think it was called Aventura Spa Palace. We did 5 nights. Pretty affordable and very enjoyable.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Our Fav place is the Valentine Imperial near Cancun. Awesome spot. Our next trip to mexico is going to be down by Talum, lots of great places down there. Prices have always been reasonable and got to love the blue water.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    We did tahiti, it wasnt too pricey at all. Awesome place. We stayed in the overwater bungalows, where the floor is glass, and you feel like you are in the reef.....it's pretty awesome.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Depending on how adventurious you want to get Thailand is an amazing and cheap place. Once you get there you can spend 3 weeks for 1,000 bucks and live like a king.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    Depending on how adventurious you want to get Thailand is an amazing and cheap place. Once you get there you can spend 3 weeks for 1,000 bucks and live like a king.
    I'm going there in a couple months on a single man's honeymoon, aka, vacation. I can't wait.
    Light 'em up.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Just got married in September and we did Madrid and Paris... it was awesome, but I will be feeling that one for a few years in the wallet...

shoot me a PM though... we booked our hotels through a great site... they have package deals for places all over the world and the prices were really good... and depending on where you go they include different things, ie: bottle of wine upon arrival, free breakfast every day, free dinner for 2 in their restaurant, etc... the place we booked in Madrid treated us like kings... we looked at places in Mexico, beilez, Bali, Thailand, aruba, etc... so yeah, PM me and I;ll send you the site... if nothing else, you can get some ideas there...
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Got married in October and we did two weeks in California touring wine country (with a few days in SF). We dropped alot of cash, but that was by choice and was mostly on food. If you're into camping you can camp through wine country for pretty cheap and still do all the tastings, etc.

Our first vacation, though, was to Tulum Mexico (Near Cancun, but less "Spring-Breaky") at an all inclusive. $1800 for both of us for a week and it was GREAT.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Thanks for all of the great ideas and replies guys, I can't wait to take a nice vacation!
  • I'm getting married in July and we're going to Excellence Riveria Cancun in Riveria Maya.  It's a 5-star all-inclusive and we've received multiple recommendations for Excellence Resorts.  Very reasonably priced and lots of good reviews on TripAdvisor.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Kura Hulanda Lodge in Curacao. That place is AMAZING! Won a trip down to Curacao last year and stayed there all but 1 night of the trip and it was just WOW!
  • You guys all had much nicer honeymoons than we had. We just went to Disney.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Goldy:
    I'm going there in a couple months on a single man's honeymoon, aka, vacation. I can't wait.
    watch out for the ladyboys;)
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    We just got back from Secrets Silversands Resort in Mexico (Riviera Maya) - all inclusive, all adult. I'd highly recommend it. The bars were nice, service was excellent, food was great, alcohol selection was good and all in all, it was $200 per person, per night for flight and hotel (I just brought cash for tipping and spending in the markets).
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Check out some info on Aruba. I'd recommend the Riu Palace Hotel, the food there is good, the location is great, the building is modern, and the pool as a swim up bar – all the drinks are included in the price. It’s also about a 10min walk from a nice piano cigar bar.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Hey niko, one more thought. I would subscribe to the travelzoo emails. They send you deals every week that are really great prices. Ireland for 700 a person for 6 nights including airfare. Out there in the 951 you are pretty close to LAX, I would definitely think about some of their deals.