Home Ratings & Reviews

Warlock Robusto

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
Company: Altadis (makers of R y J and Montecristo)
Size: 4.5 X 54
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Cubano
Filler: Nicaraguan Dominican
Price: $6.50
Cutter: Double Guillotine
Lighter: Triple Flame Torch

Pre light: Densely packed with an oily dark natural wrapper. Minimal veins. Perfect construction.

First third: Draw is just about perfect. Heavy thick smoke. Flavors are dark chocolate and cedar. Rich tobacco and creamyness on the finish. Burn is a little uneven but not a problem. Ash is holding on nicely through the first inch and a half. Strength is very full.

Second third: I'm really liking this cigar. Flavors are pretty complex now. Lots of cream, some sweetness, dark cocoa, espresso and some woodsy and nutty tastes. A lot going on here. Burn is even now. No problems whatsoever. I still can't get over the oiliness of the wrapper. Its beautiful.

Final third: I couldn't get too far onto the last third cuz I ran out of time. But it was more of the same. Total time was about 40 mins. I estimate I could have gotten another 20 or 30 mins out of it.

Conclusion: I give this a 9.5 out of 10. An almost perfect smoke if not for some slight burn issues.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    interesting, any pics?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I didn't take any of my own pics but here's the one I found from their site.......

The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks way oilier in person...... Kind of like Britney Spears! LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    this sounds like the perfect smoke for me... it has everything I look for... might have to grab a few
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I just got one of these today. was just gonna go on the net to try to find info on it. thanks saved me some time.
    just picked on up at my local B&M today... gonna fire it up tomorrow... looks like an amazing smoke!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Sounds great, I recently tried my first maduro and liked it, gonna have to try this one.
    Light 'em up.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    lilwing88:

Pre light: Densely packed with an oily dark natural wrapper. Minimal veins. Perfect construction.

First third: Draw is just about perfect. Heavy thick smoke. Flavors are dark chocolate and cedar. Rich tobacco and creamyness on the finish. Burn is a little uneven but not a problem. Ash is holding on nicely through the first inch and a half. Strength is very full.

Second third: I'm really liking this cigar. Flavors are pretty complex now. Lots of cream, some sweetness, dark cocoa, espresso and some woodsy and nutty tastes. A lot going on here. Burn is even now. No problems whatsoever. I still can't get over the oiliness of the wrapper. Its beautiful.

Final third: I couldn't get too far onto the last third cuz I ran out of time. But it was more of the same. Total time was about 40 mins. I estimate I could have gotten another 20 or 30 mins out of it.

Conclusion: I give this a 9.5 out of 10. An almost perfect smoke if not for some slight burn issues.

iVE BEEN SMOKING THESE FOR A while now in my local B&m I love these bad boys! i have talked about them on here and posted about them on fACEBOOK... great smoke!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I picked one of these up a while back and haven't lit it up yet. I was a bit hesitant with them being made by Altadis and all, but I might just have to burn this soon. Thanks for the review.
    lilwing88:

I agree with this take 100%

this cigar is almost perfect... first off it's one of the best looking cigars I've had... the wrapper is a chocolate brown and super oily...

the burn, draw and construction are perfect... the flavors are full of cocoa and nutty goodness...

it lasted almost 100 minutes... I babied it a little, but not much...

it may actually be my favorite smoke so far... the only negative I have is the price point... my B&M (who is not known for his prices) had it at 8.99, which for me is a bit pricey... other than that it's perfect
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I had one of these for the first time last night.

It is an astonishing smoke. I agree with the previously mentioned flavor profiles: rich, creamy, sweet cedar, with little hints of vanilla here and there. Almost no spice at all.

The draw is perfect and the smoke is dense, plentiful, and very oily. The first half of the cigar was a solid medium body for me. It wasn't until the last third that the strength really kicked in.

This cigar is about the closest thing to perfect for my tastes that I've found. Can't wait to get my hands on another.