Home Non Cigar Related

Anyone know html?

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need help. I have some advertising banners for a cigar company but they only have them as .jpg files. I want to be able to post these up so when you click on them they take you to their website. The only way I know how to do this is by a html file or java. Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Anyone know html
    you sing it and ill hum it. :p sorry dude, couldn't resist, sorry I'm no help.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    actually, could you just use a media hosting site to host the pictures??
    photo bucket or similar?
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh boy I am still lost. I will play around and try to get it to work. Thanks for the links. I will try out what they say though I am still confused
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    If you want, email it to me and I will try to make it work, I am in no way an expert in HTML but I will give it a shot!
    Got it to work. I guess I have to have the photo hosted like on photo bucket and when I copied the html I changed the link in it to the website I wanted. Check out my blog and click on La Aurora ad and test it for me if you would. www.cigarcatadore.blogspot.com
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Works! Nice site BTW
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Not an HTML expert by any means, but are the banners part of a revenue sharing program (pay-per-click, etc)? If so, would there be a piece of code that would allow the advertiser to keep track of how many clicks came from your banner?
    For some of them yes but those are all google or amazon. This was for La Aurora. Not paid per click or anything.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Send me a pm if you need any other html help. I am currently in school taking 'computer programmer analyst' course and have been working as a website designer for the past 6 years. I see this one issue is already resolved, so I won't bore you with any extra code, lol.

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Just noticed that when I move my mouse over the picture in question, the caption reads "Photobucket". You can change that in your image's html code by changing this section
    alt="Photobucket"
    Where it says Photobucket, just change that to whatever you want it to say. It just looks a bit off for it to state that the cigar image is a 'Photobucket' rather than a cigar? or maybe it's just me.
    I am also sending you a pm on something else I noticed about your image code.

• ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    how big of a banner/pic do you need? i may still have the coding on my comp for something like that, if not i'll try and get in touch with a friend of mine and get it for you.
    camgfs:
    Just noticed that when I move my mouse over the picture in question, the caption reads "Photobucket". You can change that in your image's html code by changing this section
    alt="Photobucket"
    Where it says Photobucket, just change that to whatever you want it to say. It just looks a bit off for it to state that the cigar image is a 'Photobucket' rather than a cigar? or maybe it's just me.
    I am also sending you a pm on something else I noticed about your image code.

I need help figuring this out. When I search blogger help everything recommends hosting photos on photobucket.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    you can also use imageshack.us you don't have to worry about registering or signing in every single time
    Well I re-did it by creating a post but not publishing it on my own blog. Hopefully I have it set up right now.