Home Non Cigar Related

Bond...

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
I'm sure most of you have seen these or some of the bond movies. Right now my wife and I are watching them all, starting from Dr. No. Last night we finished You Only Live Twice. Now I've seen all the bond movies but never in a row and it's been years. Well I have issues with many of them however I think that You Only Live Twice is probably the worst one. I read a lot of reviews saying it's one of the better ones however I don't see it. It felt like it was a film trying to bridge or show that Asia wasn't bad and a lot of PR. I dunno, felt really pushed on the themes of culture. Also Sean really seemed out of the film. I like Sean as Bond though most of them I am not all into. I think Thunderball and Goldfinger are my favorite from his run. I still like Brosnan the most. Craig is growing on me, I like his films a lot.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Squirrels watching TV ....... whats this world coming to ? ;p
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I like Craig's films just because he is a badass and less of a pretty boy.
    Light 'em up.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    JCizzle:
    ^this! They really brought the character much more down to earth with Daniel Craig portraying Bond. They just announced the next one has been green lighted and that Daniel Craig will return! Can't wait. Nov 2012!!!
  • jsbutcjsbutc Posts: 31
    Yes, I agree...i like the more visceral dirty bond. It's how I envisioned he would be. Killing a man with his bare hands, not as many gadgets (although, the gadgets...especially Q were always my favorite scenes) just all Bond getting the job done. This is the first I have heard about the next one so this really makes me excited. As for "You Only Live Twice" I agree, I actually watched it the other night and I wasn't all that impressed with it.
    ENFIDL:
    JCizzle:
    ^this! They really brought the character much more down to earth with Daniel Craig portraying Bond. They just announced the next one has been green lighted and that Daniel Craig will return! Can't wait. Nov 2012!!!
    Plus he drinks like a fish and still manages to whoop everyone's ass. If I drank 1/4 of what he drinks in that movie I'd be slobbering drunk!
    Light 'em up.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    ENFIDL:
    JCizzle:
    Plus he drinks like a fish and still manages to whoop everyone's ass. If I drank 1/4 of what he drinks in that movie I'd be slobbering drunk!
    so you're saying you're easy?
    mfotis:
    JCizzle:
    ENFIDL:
    JCizzle:
    so you're saying you're easy?
    Yeah but I order the expensive stuff. ;)
    Light 'em up.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I prefer the gentlemen Bond, Connery and Brosnan were my favorites
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Agreed
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jsbutcjsbutc Posts: 31
    fla-gypsy:
    I too like Connery and the gentlemaness that is Bond, but Brosnan was a lil too much gentleman and not enough baddass. That is a reason I like the switch from Brosnan too Craig...the swing to the other extreme is sorta refreshing.