Home Non Cigar Related

Internet Explorer will not let me post!!!

I keep getting the follow message when I use Internet explorer to respond to post. We are currently unable to serve your request I had to change over to Safari as this is the only way I can post. Anyone have any idea why? I am using IE7 and since I can post via Safari I know it isn't my IP address causing the problem. Help??

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I was getting this from one computer earlier too, then tried my laptop and it was fine, now back on the computer that had the issue and it works...
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Diamondog:
    I was getting this from one computer earlier too, then tried my laptop and it was fine, now back on the computer that had the issue and it works...
    Weird, I still cant post via IE7 so I am using Safari. Actually Im starting to like Safari during this time. Who knows I may become a Safari user yet, and I use to be so reluctant. It is reassuring that I am not the only one so thank you.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I've quit using Internet Explorer a long time ago. Mozilla Firefox is the way to go. Faster, safer, and less clutter.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same - and then got fed up with FireFox. Now I'm using Google Chrome and am happy.....so far.

Marty

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    For some reason, Firefox is having the same problem - I can't create new threads or post in old ones, but Chrome seems to work.

This problem started last night for me; maybe Ccom changed the forum code?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I was getting an error message earlier, but obviously not now. I changed nothing. Might be in response to turbo bolingeso.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i had the same problem using internet explorer, eventually it went away, butlast night it came back when i read this post and wouldn't go away, now i'm fine again. The problem does need to be fixed, it is annoying.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Yup, did it last night, today was fine.
    STILL can't post in Firefox, and I'm using the latest version :(
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Use Firefox and I was not able to post all day until now. . . I hope.
    Ok, now this is horseshit. Now Firefox can't even VIEW the forums for me
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    xmacro:
    I'm still on Firefox and I've been fine with everything for the past couple of hours. Did you try and restart?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    BlueRings:
    I am using IE7
    Your problem, I think I see it... image
    undulac:
    xmacro:
    I'm still on Firefox and I've been fine with everything for the past couple of hours. Did you try and restart?
    Yup; restart computer, still can't view forums with FF
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Had problems posting from Mozilla last night. Don't ever use IE, so I don't know if I was having problems with that. I looked around on the internet, and it seems to be a recent issue with the software this board uses. Hopefully it's a glitch that has been sorted or will be soon.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I use google chrome and had problems the other night .... I wasn't able to post then really early this morning I couldn't even get onto the forum page ...... I am starting to think that everyone having problems regardless of the browser they use is leading me to a problem with the site/server itself. Just my .02 cents .
    Hmm, seems last night after playoffs, even Google Chrome couldn't VIEW the forums, much less post on them, but now Firefox seems to be working again for me
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    I sent an email to Andy on the same error messages. last night I got a hard drive space issue. Seem to think it is a Ccom server issue but appears to have been resolved.
    Laugh, Diamondog overloaded the server with the daily hottie photos. :)
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I couldn't get into the forum page, either. Other pages on the CCOM website seemed to work - just the forum page. Oh, well, evidently they got it fixed, now.

Marty

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    BTW, that is normally a server side issue, so it makes no difference what browser you are using. The problem is at the provider end.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    zoom6zoom:
    BlueRings:
    I am using IE7
    Your problem, I think I see it... image
    What already, I cant see it, are you sure you can see it. Im lost and its dark! LMAO!