Home General Discussion

Another newb chimes in..

skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
Hey everyone. I've been a lurker around the forums on and off for a while as an anonymous guest. I figured it was time to just join so I could chime in on the conversations! My name is Mike. I'm 27 and a paramedic in Altoona, PA. I'm an Iraqi Freedom veteran that was in the Air Force out of high school as a firefighter. My wife and I just welcomed our beautiful little girl, Maddalena, into the world 2 months ago. I enjoyed my first cigar at the ripe old age of 18 haha. A delicious Carcia Vega in the brown plastic tube. I've been in love ever since! I've since moved on to better sticks. I usually try various sample packs (I'm a CI.com shopper usually!) because I like to taste different varieties that are out there! I always seem to fall back on my favs though. Diesel Unholy Cocktails, 5 Vegas Gold, Kuba Kuba, Oliva V are my tops... Looking forward to getting to know you all! Mike

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    (I'm a CI.com shopper usually!)
    Uh oh. :-S
    Light 'em up.
  • skweekz:
    I'm an Iraqi Freedom veteran that was in the Air Force out of high school as a firefighter. My wife and I just welcomed our beautiful little girl, Maddalena, into the world 2 months ago. Mike
    Appreciate your service to our country! Congrats on the baby. I'm also new to the forums; how do you like those 5 Vegas Gold? Are they "just another connie" or do that have something special to set them apart?

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the group bro
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    1) Welcome to the madness!
    2) Thanks for your service!
    3) Congrats on the new bambino! (beautiful name by the way)
    4) "(I'm a CI.com shopper usually!)" -- Stay away from the dark side!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Welcome and thank you for your service!!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Can I noob welcome a noob? I think I can...welcome! These are great people! As others have said thanks for the service and congrats on the baby! I too enjoyed my first cigar at 18, a Macanudo, which I know gets a lot of flack on here but I thought it was amazing back then!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Welcome aboard. Always something interesting to read and comment on around here.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Ken Light:
    Can I noob welcome a noob? I think I can...welcome! These are great people! As others have said thanks for the service and congrats on the baby! I too enjoyed my first cigar at 18, a Macanudo, which I know gets a lot of flack on here but I thought it was amazing back then!
    I don't know if the Macanudo has a bad rap because of the quality of the cigar. I think it comes down to the fact that the guys on the board found out for the price of one Macanudo, you can buy three Man O War Virtues or even five 5 Vegas Gold and the flavor and quality are just as good.

I used to smoke a lot of Punch back in the day at around $4 per for the box price and although I still have quite a few Punch in my humi, they are one dimensional compared to quite a few sticks that I can get on here cheaper (Man o War, Diesel, etc). The reason I still smoke the amount of them that I do is because they just bring back great memories. It's amazing how the body's sense of smell and takes tiggers memories from 10 years ago. In fact, a great brother here recently gifted me with a Punch Rothchild maduro that has my name on it tonight.

Now I rambling. Again, welcome all new guys and go out and recruit. This is the best place around.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macanudo has the flavor of the cardboard in the middle of a toilet paper roll IMO. Welcome to the boards.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards! Try anything you can get your hands on. I'm not a fan of Macanudo either. Mostly because there's a not much flavor and it's usually price-controlled by General Cigar...and General Cigar is known to pump out mediocre cigars 90% of the time. The only Macanudo I like so far is the Macanudo Cru Royale.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike, and thank you for your service.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Welcome Mike, you will have fun here, great group of guys.
  • Glad to have you around Mike! Im sure some of us can broaden your horizons a bit, but sounds like you are off to a good start with diesels. Thanks for your service and see you around the boards.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard this forum is the greatest.
    Thank you for your service.
    Congrats on fatherhood
    You will find CCOM > CI; we have Alex and "The Beard" and the best BORKs
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Welcome and enjoy...hope you stick around.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    skweekz:
    I'm an Iraqi Freedom veteran that was in the Air Force out of high school as a firefighter. My wife and I just welcomed our beautiful little girl, Maddalena, into the world 2 months ago. Mike
    Appreciate your service to our country! Congrats on the baby. I'm also new to the forums; how do you like those 5 Vegas Gold? Are they "just another connie" or do that have something special to set them apart?

The 5 Vegas Gold, I actually bought a box of (creative packaging too, I might add; it's a gold brick) and got them settled down and aged well. They had a nice, even, crisp burn to them with a smooth, velvety, almost creamy flavor (at least that's how i perceived them...as always, others may be different!). And for the price, each one was an enjoyable smoke. They'll always be a nice "go-to" smoke when I'm in the mood for something on the more mild-to-medium mellow side.
  • SgtRickSgtRick Posts: 75
    Welcome from beautiful Baghdad (wet, muddy, and nasty actually). Lots of good people and I am a big shopper on CI as well. Enjoy your stay.