Home General Discussion

Ccom Primos Regionals, also Blue Labels, thoughts?

Unreal price; how about taste? Good medium-body in there somewhere?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    try the sampler, worth the expenditure to judge for yourself. Compared to what you'd pay twice for at most walk-in stores, they're unreal. compared to what you can get here, for a little more, they're ok.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • i've got some cuban primeros and for the low price they are a great deal. always take some with when fishing. good times
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I liiked the Cuban Primeros...

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I've only had one Blue Label and I remember it being okay, in a good way. For a $2 stick, it was worth it. It was no more than a medium at best if that is what you are looking for.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    If you're talking about the Gran Habano Blue labels then I would recommend them. I've only had the churchill, but it was good. Nice medium bodied stick with some interesting flavor and aroma. Good price too.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I'm smoking a blue label right now. It's been in the humi at least three years. Medium plus. Very smooth and tasty, has aged well and definitely tastes like a ten dollar cigar.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Zoom6zoom is absolutely correct...the Blue Labels are good to go. Great flavor and medium in body not to mention awesome pricing.
  • BecketBecket Posts: 32
    I got my hands on one (blue label) tonight, a bonus for buying a box of another label to try! I liked it; mild-medium, decent with good smoke and draw, good every day cigar. I think they will be nicer after a few months in the humi. I would buy a box at that price for sure, just to keep me out of my weekend $ sticks! I also liked the size. It smoked for quite a while, with one relight on last third after sitting five minutes during a quick honeydoo (i only smoke in my little man-cave, though she doesn't really mind). The better half likes a draw here and there on the Avo XO in fact, and a few other $ milds-meds.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Skip the regional primeros, and go for a house label. Worth the extra few bucks. Actually, skip all of that and just buy a box of Diesel UC. less than 100$ for a box of 30 cigars that only get better with age? Yeah, can't be beat.
    That is a great deal, hmmm... shoot, it could take 5-6 whole weeks to sample all the cigars out there! Now if I only had a gazillion dollars, and eight more lifetimes lol
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If you want a cheap daily smoke, try out the CCom house blends. Better yet, try some Padron maduro. Well worth the extra few bucks.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwhwang:
    If you want a cheap daily smoke, try out the CCom house blends. Better yet, try some Padron maduro. Well worth the extra few bucks.
    Excellent suggestion. The x000 Padrons, and others in the regular Padron line (I'm partial to the Palmas, a 6.25x42 lonsdale... I think, quoting that length from memory). Both the natural and maduro wrapped versions are some of the best inexpensive cigars on the market. I've seen the smaller sizes as low as like $3.00+change per stick.

Fuente has some inexpensive cigars that are great, and get better with age, like the sungrown Chateau Fuente size (4.5x50 rothschild), which is one of my go-to, every day smokes that I always keep on hand. Joya de Nicaragua's classic line sells for like 50$ a box if you can find them around. If you are an ISOM smoker, Partagas Shorts, Jose L. Piedra Cremas/Cazadores, and Montecristo No.4 and 5 can all be had for very little, and are great cigars to have on hand for an every day smoke, or to take to parties, or smoke while doing something else. There are tons of great cigars out there that fit the bill of being priced for every-day type consumption, while still maintaining great flavor, construction, and overall quality.

While I am not usually a big fan of house blends (just in general, regardless of which house we are talking about :P), I will say that the Cigar.com House blends are far better than the house-named cigars that most of the other major Online retailers offer, and the CCom Brazilian Label is probably the ONLY house labeled cigar on the internet I would invest in a box of (Make them in a Lancero size Alex, and I'm totally in for a cab of 50 LOL)
    Great suggestions, thank you