Home General Discussion

New Dirty Dozen Sampler

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
I was excited to see a new Dirty Dozen Sampler in the new mag but not too excited after seeing the cigars included. Is it just me or is this one a big downgrade from the other one? I loved the options in the old one.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    haven't seen it. what sticks are in it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Is this a different version of the AJ Fernandez DD? If so, is it on the website yet?
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    The sampler looks the same as before but it looks like Padilla Achilles replaced another stick from back when I ordered it last April.
    Either that or I smoked it and forgot about it.
    The band on the Padilla Achilles changed, but the cigar has always been in the AJF DD.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    MoW Ruination #1
    MoW Robusto
    San Lotano Toro Habano
    SCCC #4
    MoW Virtue Toro
    Diesel Unlimited DX
    Diesel Shorty
    Moro Castle Toro
    Ave Maria Crusader
    San Miguel Toro
    5 Vegas AAA
    Gurka Park Avenue Churchill

That's the AJ dozen sampler I want to see.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Our old AJ Dirty dozen was a special deal item I got at a special price from the factory which has long sold out. There is a dirty dozen 2 on the horizon with similar pricing and a new mix of cigars. This time around it won't be limited to AJ only. Lick for it in about 3 months. The sampler which started this thread may be the Bakers Dozen 2 sampler. We did the original Bakers Dozen last year and it was such a success we are bring back a sequel. It is in our next catalog but may be online already. That said, this sampler is a different beast vs the dirty dozen. Bakers dozen is a selection if more everyday value type brands.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    "Lick for it"??? Is it going to be that good?! j/k
  • ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Our old AJ Dirty dozen was a special deal item I got at a special price from the factory which has long sold out. There is a dirty dozen 2 on the horizon with similar pricing and a new mix of cigars. This time around it won't be limited to AJ only. Lick for it in about 3 months. The sampler which started this thread may be the Bakers Dozen 2 sampler. We did the original Bakers Dozen last year and it was such a success we are bring back a sequel. It is in our next catalog but may be online already. That said, this sampler is a different beast vs the dirty dozen. Bakers dozen is a selection if more everyday value type brands.

Yes...My mistake...two different things...I was comparing the old AJ Dirty Dozen to the new Bakers Dozen 2.....and this explains the difference in quality of the smokes between the two.

Sorry for the error....it just seemed drastically different and now I know why..
  • ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    MoW Ruination #1
    MoW Robusto
    San Lotano Toro Habano
    SCCC #4
    MoW Virtue Toro
    Diesel Unlimited DX
    Diesel Shorty
    Moro Castle Toro
    Ave Maria Crusader
    San Miguel Toro
    5 Vegas AAA
    Gurka Park Avenue Churchill

That's the AJ dozen sampler I want to see.

I like the way you think! 
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    The band on the Padilla Achilles changed, but the cigar has always been in the AJF DD.
    I knew it something was different, thanks doc!!!
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    nikostewart:
    . Lol damn smart text thing on the iPhone. But yes it will be that good.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Alex Svenson:
    nikostewart:
    . Lol damn smart text thing on the iPhone. But yes it will be that good.
    Looking forward to it!
    Is this online yet? Link?
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Its back with a couple changes.
    would of preferred not to see the regular cuba libre since they have the cuba libre one in there. Still an awesome sampler http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=830&campsrc=true