Home General Discussion

My B&M's better than YOUR B&M...

Why, you may be asking? Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words - and I have two! The second one is why my B&M's better than your B&M - couldnt believe it when I saw it! I have to say it was a good day.

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yup yours is! The ones around me, those things are $28 each, thats why I dont give em my business sometimes.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i think the one i go to sells those for $16
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Lucky!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    nikostewart:
    Lucky!
    Actually, luckier for the B&M than the Opus' - this is a really down-to-earth place, not one of those that is completely full of themselves (you know the type Im talking about Im sure) which make you feel like they're doing you a favor by selling to you.

Excellent prices on everything there, but it seems the super premiums are where they REALLY shine. This is not the first amazing deal Ive found there, and I dont expect it to be the last.

• crazy..just crazy... you win
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I hate you.. (Not really).
    It's just I live in Ma. There's a 30% Tobacco Tax on top of a %.0625 Sales Tax. :(
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    The Sniper:
    nikostewart:
    Lucky!
    Actually, luckier for the B&M than the Opus' - this is a really down-to-earth place, not one of those that is completely full of themselves (you know the type Im talking about Im sure) which make you feel like they're doing you a favor by selling to you.

Excellent prices on everything there, but it seems the super premiums are where they REALLY shine. This is not the first amazing deal Ive found there, and I dont expect it to be the last.

Sounds like a great place!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Mine also had them at $13.00...but I also got a 10% discount on top :-D Should've gotten more than 5...maybe I will go get some tomorrow lol Just hate having to wait for them to age you know...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    You know, not to give a whole lot away, but most B&Ms can price Opus at whatever they wanted..... from a good business standpoint, that is. Since most of them are limited to a box or two around the holidays, it's the perfect opportunity to sell them for next to nothing and eat the difference. Maybe even set them aside for regular customers as kind of a "thank you for your business" gesture. If they're selling them for retail or over, then that's not a B&M I'd like to frequent.

Then again, this all falls under "What I would do if I owned a B&M....." and my opinion on the matter might change if my sales for the year were down and this is my shot at making a few bucks over the holidays. LOL! Some smaller B&Ms might depend on that profit around the holidays......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    KCW:
    ....... %.0625 Sales Tax. :(
    Really? That's nuthin!!!

Or do you mean 6.25%?
    BTW....... one of my B&Ms had the Opus Petite Corona for $10. But those went fast.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    lilwing88:
    KCW:
    Really? That's nuthin!!!

Or do you mean 6.25%?
    if you take off that % then i believe it's the same thing
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Sniper, I'd love to know more about your B&M, maybe take a little drive. It isn't that far.
    One2gofst:
    Sniper, I'd love to know more about your B&M, maybe take a little drive. It isn't that far.
    PM to you sir! :-)

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    That's pretty cool. I have an uncle whose local B&M sells them for MSRP too. I should go visit him sometime!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do is look at www.outlawcigar.com and see that my B&M stomps a mudhole in any of your B&M's. 'nough said
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    KCW:
    Really? That's nuthin!!!

Or do you mean 6.25%?
    6.25% (I just used the decimal 'cause thats what I'm used to figuring the tax out with)
    jsnake:
    All you have to do is look at www.outlawcigar.com and see that my B&M stomps a mudhole in any of your B&M's. 'nough said
    You're the man snake!

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not that much better... we pay about the same price for those...
    and mine took me to Nicaragua...

my cigar shop can beat up your cigar shop....
    kuzi16:
    not that much better... we pay about the same price for those...
    and mine took me to Nicaragua...

my cigar shop can beat up your cigar shop....
    LOL Cant argue with a trip to Nicaragua... Im pretty sure your cigar shop just DID beat up my cigar shop! :-)

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I hate to say it, but the reality is that you B&M is just doing things the way they should... selling Fuente product at MSRP, and not gouging like some shops do. It has been explained why CCom's prices on Opus are the way they are, they that's cool, and fine, because they are open about it, and it makes sense... but when a B&M that has a Fuente account, gets a shipment of Opus at cost, and then sells them for twice MSRP, that is just not cool. It's a shame when a shop does things like that, because B&Ms are becoming more and more important to the cigar world, in these times of smoking bans, and assaults on our rights as cigar hobbyists and enthusiasts. Without good shops, many of us would have no place to enjoy a smoke, and poor business practice is one way for a shop to get a bad rep.

More on topic, I was sooooo stoked about a month/month and a half ago when I went into one of the two locals I shop at, and they showed me the Fuente shipment they had gotten, and it included Hemi SGs and 858 SGs... I'm a *** for Fuente.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I don't even have a B&M. The closest is in the next state, about 45 minutes away. The other is in Portland, about 1 1/2 hours away. Everybody's B&M beats up my B&M!
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    My B&M has Opus's for around the same price as that, when they are in stock. They finally started carrying more than just the **** and that was $13.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I hate you Glen! lol Hey I pm'ed you awhile back, check it yo!
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    One2gofst:
    Me to I really do not live far.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to have a KC Herf boys!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    jsnake:
    I've been to Outlaw, and I really like it. However, I was not impressed by their prices and wouldn't expect to fine Opus X at that price there.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    That is a sweet deal Sniper!

My B&M closed last month; they moved to a bigger location a little under a year before the NY Cigar tax hit 75%.
    On the plus side, several of my favorite local parks closed too! Err, no, that's bad too I guess. But all the new money they're making on cigars is helping somewhere, I just haven't heard about it yet.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Nice score on those Opuses, I went by my B&M on monday and they some Opus X's in...I am not sure what kind they were though, maybe someone on here might know...but they were individual encased in their own wooden box, the box was called Fuente Fuente Opus X (of course) but I've never seen them in the wooden coffins before....and they were charging $32 each!

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Nice score on those Opuses, I went by my B&M on monday and they some Opus X's in...I am not sure what kind they were though, maybe someone on here might know...but they were individual encased in their own wooden box, the box was called Fuente Fuente Opus X (of course) but I've never seen them in the wooden coffins before....and they were charging $32 each!
    I seem to recall running across these once or twice Krieg, and had the same reaction you did - HELLACIOUSLY expensive!!!