Home General Discussion

Opus X Humidor

One of our BOTL's wanted to convert this Opus X cigar box in to a humidor... Nice little project... The lining made it so the trays were too big, so had to redo them as well... but, she's tight as a drum...

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That looks awesome!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    So how involved was it to make the box humidor quality?
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Wow, this is the sign of a true craftsman. You are a master woodworker. All of your work is impressive.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Saw this one over on the USN. Excellent work.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    That's the charity box right? Makes sense if it is, because those boxes are MASSIVE. Probably could function as a 50ct humidor if you remove the trays/coffins. One of the best boxes out there. The cigars are what really counts, but Fuente definitely does a nice job packaging their product. They package in gorgeous, but still classic, fancy, but not tacky boxes. I know there is lots of talk about Gurkha's boxes... but to me, they are all hideous. They don't look like cigar boxes. Fuente is where it's at.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    wow that's kickass!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    That looks like and old Opus X box. I think the new ones are much darker in color.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    rwheelwright:
    That looks like and old Opus X box. I think the new ones are much darker in color.
    CFCF Charity Box.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome man!