Home General Discussion

ave marie.....thank you ccom!

I am not sure what you guys think..but i tried the ave marie based on ccom's gold rating and high review and absolutely loved it! This is the cigar profile i have been looking for...also tried the padilla cazedores and liked it as well. thank you for the recommendations! keep them coming!

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    The Ave Maria was a good smoke. It will be on my list whenever I am craving something milder. As for the Cazadores, I tried one when they were first released and they tasted too green. I have one that's been sitting for several months now so I am hoping some rest will do it good.
  • medic_xmedic_x Posts: 35
    IM NOT SURE I WOULD CALL IT MILD..LOL ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WON GOLD IN THE MEDIUM CATEGORY....THOUGH TASTE IS RELATIVE...IT WAS THE FLAVOR PROFILES I LIKE THOUGH I ADMIT MORE OF THOSE FLAVORS WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT...SOMETHING SIMILAR BUT FULLER WOULD BE GREAT IF U HAVE A RECOMMENDATION.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I really like the Ave Maria. If I had room, or they went on sale, I'd buy a box. Similar but fuller...Try the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. I felt like the profiles were similar, and it's probably a touch stronger.
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Sorry I didn't like it, it tasted like dry dusty infield dirt.
    See the post in the rating and review forum.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Mperconte:
    Am I the only one that would be sold on a cigar that tasted like infield dirt? Maybe I played too much baseball as a kid...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • medic_x:
    IM NOT SURE I WOULD CALL IT MILD..LOL ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WON GOLD IN THE MEDIUM CATEGORY....THOUGH TASTE IS RELATIVE...IT WAS THE FLAVOR PROFILES I LIKE THOUGH I ADMIT MORE OF THOSE FLAVORS WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT...SOMETHING SIMILAR BUT FULLER WOULD BE GREAT IF U HAVE A RECOMMENDATION.
    im having trouble controlling THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!! lol
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Mperconte:
    Am I the only one that would be sold on a cigar that tasted like infield dirt? Maybe I played too much baseball as a kid...
    Naw your not the only one...I love baseball and there is nothing like playing the infield..so its all good, but im sure others are gonna think we are pretty crazy!!
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I have not tried these but I have a few coming in a swap. I prefer the fuller variety stogies so am curious to see how these go. As for something a bit richer? As I said, I don't know exactly the profile of the Ave Marias, in the Med category you could try the 5Vegas Gold Maduro....solid flavor in that stogie and not over the top in terms of strength.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    xIcedGuardianx:
    medic_x:
    Hey he may have voice imagulation disorder....lol
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    xIcedGuardianx:
    medic_x:
    Hilarious reference!!!
  • medic_xmedic_x Posts: 35
    Actually...I'm not sure how that ended up in caps because my original post wasn't.....guess i just didn't notice it! I'm glad its entertaining you so much! i guess its the simple things...lol Anyway...thanks for all the great input!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Really enjoy the Ave Maria in the Knights Templar size, 6 x 48 is just so nice. I wouldn't call it mild myself, to me the blend is more med+ or even medium-full.
  • SigCigSigCig Posts: 37
    Never tried it. Don't have an opinion.