Home Non Cigar Related

Valentines Day

Valentines day is right around the corner, Anyone have any ideas for Valentines day?

Comments

• ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    nope, i broke up with my gf, if i happen to find a gf by then then i have no idea what i'll do because the relationship is so new...i'd probably just do dinner or something of the sort
  • Well this is our last V'day together before the baby comes. Guess I need to do something nice.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    rossdavey2:
    Well this is our last V'day together before the baby comes. Guess I need to do something nice.
    Be careful not to knock her up.

Oh wait.
  • undulac:
    rossdavey2:
    Well this is our last V'day together before the baby comes. Guess I need to do something nice.
    Be careful not to knock her up.

Oh wait.
    Yeah I should be more careful in the future.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Nice romantic trip to the cigar lounge??
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I picked up a pair of tickets to our favorite music venue (Eddie's Attic in Atlanta) to surprise her with. It's near and dear to our hearts and we just haven't been in awhile. Great intimate venue that only seats around 50 people and has a full service bar and grill.
  • doromath:
    I picked up a pair of tickets to our favorite music venue (Eddie's Attic in Atlanta) to surprise her with. It's near and dear to our hearts and we just haven't been in awhile. Great intimate venue that only seats around 50 people and has a full service bar and grill.
    Who's playing? Haven't been there in a long time.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Just starting seeing someone but she is scared of overt emotion but seems to like romance (duh) so I really don't know how to work that night. Tips?
    Mephisto:
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Just starting seeing someone but she is scared of overt emotion but seems to like romance (duh) so I really don't know how to work that night. Tips?
    Buy more than you need and wrap it. Hide them all over the place. After you open what she got you, you'll know which gift and how many to give to her. Keep the receipts and if there is anything left over, return it.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought my wife a Kathy Van Zeeland wallet that matches her purse I got her for Christmas. I also got her a new Kathy Van Zeeland purse. We are going to a restuarant in Kansas City called Skies which sits atop a huge building downtown. The restuarant is round, all glass, and it rotates. Valentine's is also out anniversary.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    What a great day to show the person you really love just how much you love them. In my case, it's myself, so I will probably pick up something real nice at the liquor store and light up a nice stick.
    Light 'em up.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    What a great day to show the person you really love just how much you love them. In my case, it's myself, so I will probably pick up something real nice at the liquor store and light up a nice stick.
    Awesome, bro. I'm kinda hoping my girl might pick me up something at the liquor store. I got a little something to surprise her with and we're doing dinner with my family. The week after, we're going to a wine tasting in Boston and staying the night. That's more or less our gift to each other. With the hotel and tickets, it' came to like $350 total and we just spent a buttload of cash going to Mexico, so we gotta take it easy.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    undulac:
    Mephisto:
    Buy more than you need and wrap it. Hide them all over the place. After you open what she got you, you'll know which gift and how many to give to her. Keep the receipts and if there is anything left over, return it.
    Great idea! LOL
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    JCizzle:
    Awesome, bro. I'm kinda hoping my girl might pick me up something at the liquor store. I got a little something to surprise her with and we're doing dinner with my family. The week after, we're going to a wine tasting in Boston and staying the night. That's more or less our gift to each other. With the hotel and tickets, it' came to like $350 total and we just spent a buttload of cash going to Mexico, so we gotta take it easy.
    Sounds like a plan. Do you plan on doing any over-consumption?
    Light 'em up.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Its also my anniversary, so probably some flowers and out to a nice dinner with some friends.
    I personally want nothing.

I want my wife to say nothing, while she is wearing nothing, and there is nothing on the tv but ESPN.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Mephisto:
    No no no, set the bar LOW. Realize you'll have to do at least as much if not more every year from now on.

One red rose. Better yet, draw a red rose in crayon on construction paper. Save the actual flower for next time. And if she doesn't like overt emotion, tell her you don't care if she hangs it on her refrigerator.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    rossdavey2:
    doromath:
    Who's playing? Haven't been there in a long time.

Francine Reed is playing on the 20th. We've never seen her before, but she's a local and we both like blues so it makes perfect sense. We could go see damn near anybody at the Attic. Going on the 20th lets me surprise her on V-day with a weekend show.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I just got this email this morning... We just got married in Septemeber so this might be cool for wedding/honeymoon picks....

http://livingsocial.com/deals/19945-customizable-canvas-prints?msdc_id=44&ref=SACDeal020211_37_9217email
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Sounds like a plan. Do you plan on doing any over-consumption?
    Depends on how the night goes. I most definitely will be drinking. What and how much, I don't know just yet. Killed a bottle and a half of wine last night. Gotta go review that.
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    I gave my wife the choice between celebrating National Hallmark Day or spontaneity throughout the year. She thought about it and chose spontaneity. It's fun to hear the comments she gets at work when she tells the other girls she got nothing for Valentine's Day, then to hear the comments she gets when flowers and other items randomly find their way to her office a few times during the year for no reason at all. It keeps life interesting.

I don't know why, but the thought of celebrating love on one designated day during the year, and feeling obligated to do something I should be doing anyway has always bugged me. Luckily, my wife agrees with me.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    minibeezy:
    I gave my wife the choice between celebrating National Hallmark Day or spontaneity throughout the year. She thought about it and chose spontaneity. It's fun to hear the comments she gets at work when she tells the other girls she got nothing for Valentine's Day, then to hear the comments she gets when flowers and other items randomly find their way to her office a few times during the year for no reason at all. It keeps life interesting.

I don't know why, but the thought of celebrating love on one designated day during the year, and feeling obligated to do something I should be doing anyway has always bugged me. Luckily, my wife agrees with me.
    +1 on this. I hate Hallmark holidays. However, it would be cheaper as I celebrate my "Valentine's Day" year round, but my wife's worth it. Probably going to grill T-Bone steaks and lobster tails, kill a bottle or two of wine and get in a smoke.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I got my wife a comfy pair of PJ's from pajamagram and some bubble bath.
    My mother is going to babysit so my wife and I can go to dinner and a movie.
    My wife annouced yesterday that I am suppose to pick out a new humidor to house all of the overflow.
    I was told I would be getting that for a Valentine. :) yay more room.
    The only concession is to take the 2 small humidors out of commission and consolidate them and the overflow to the new humi.
    Even with the 2 going away to the closet, 4 will remain in use(including the new one).
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Whatever I do after nearly 25 years of marriage probably won't be accomplished as well as it once was. I was going to ask Pres Clinton for a suggestion but then, naw, better not.
    bandyt09:
    minibeezy:

+1 on this. I hate Hallmark holidays. However, it would be cheaper as I celebrate my "Valentine's Day" year round, but my wife's worth it. Probably going to grill T-Bone steaks and lobster tails, kill a bottle or two of wine and get in a smoke.
    If your smoking, then your doing it too fast.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    undulac:
    bandyt09:
    minibeezy:

If your smoking, then your doing it too fast.
    It has to be fast otherwise she wakes up.

• Doro Let me know how she is. I have heard some good things about her.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Ken Light:
    undulac:
    Mephisto:
    No no no, set the bar LOW. Realize you'll have to do at least as much if not more every year from now on.

One red rose. Better yet, draw a red rose in crayon on construction paper. Save the actual flower for next time. And if she doesn't like overt emotion, tell her you don't care if she hangs it on her refrigerator.

I was thinking I'll cook an amazing dinner with tasty wine. . .f*ck the hearts and roses. Chocolate works, especially melted...but then she might want something silly to remember the burnt quiche and wilted salad
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I'm taking my girl to a Spa for a couples massage. If i have to buy her gift it might as well be something i can enjoy as well..... :)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    after being together for 11 years, flowers just gets old...she said she wants to go to a dinner with the family

"Long ashes my friends."