Home General Discussion

Non-Cigar Smoking

R_M_GR_M_G Posts: 41 ✭✭
I recently inherited an old pipe, believed to be my great-grandfathers... I love the idea of smoking my grandpas pipe and someday passing it on to maybe my great-grandson, but my experience is limited to cigars... Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get good pipe tobacco? There isn't a real tobacco shop within two hours of where I live!
"...and in the evenings the men would be men. We would sit round the fire and share a drink, a smoke and old war stories that oft dealt more with women than war it's self. There were no fathers or sons, bosses nor hands, we were just men sitting round a fire."

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I was looking into pipes a few months back myself. I was pretty much at a loss and couldn't really find anything helpful. I said screw it, I'll stick with my cigars and keep pumping the money into that.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    First of all, that is an absolutely awesome story - I would LOVE to have a pipe like that. Your post actually inspired me to fire up my pipe for the first time in a few months. Enjoyed a couple different blends actually, along with a couple glasses of good rum... BTW, there's a rather extensive thread in the Non-Cigar-Related section for Pipe smokers - more of us on here than you probably expect smoke a pipe too. I'd linky it for you, but i'm suprised i can evne type out this message..sorta tired (among other influences ;-) )... use the search feature if you're curious. Best of luck with that pipe!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    PM me there is a few good ones but they also sell cigars so I wont post them here.
  • R_M_GR_M_G Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Thanks guys! I hadn't even thought to look in that other part of the forum... common sense eludes me sometimes... And a note to anyone from Ccom reading: Never fear, you guys got my business on cigars! The pipe is super cool, I was honestly speechless when we found it, and since I'm the only one in the family who smokes, it came to me... it's definitely seen better days, and would probably be considered junk to a real collector, but it's a really cool piece to have in the family! It's even got the leather cord he used to hang it around his neck when he was out working on his ranch... I can't wait to get it cleaned up and puffing again! I sort of remember him smoking it, back when I was really small... but still to this day the smell of a pipe is really comforting to me... I'm hoping I can find the same tobacco he used to smoke, but I couldn't find any clues about the brand or anything :(
    "...and in the evenings the men would be men. We would sit round the fire and share a drink, a smoke and old war stories that oft dealt more with women than war it's self. There were no fathers or sons, bosses nor hands, we were just men sitting round a fire."
  • pm to you jship