Home Cigar 101

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I say Xikar - not only because of the lifetime warranty, but because the Caliber III can't be calibrated, while the Xikar can.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    hmm, didnt know that. Should I go for the round Xikar or the one with link I posted above? The round one is like $6-7 less. I'm guessing they are the same, except the one above shows min/max..
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Can't help ya with that, I guess it just depends how much the min/max matters to you.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Xikar makes a really nice hygrometer. Whether you go with the round or rectangle, you cant go wrong...I've had both and they work flawlessly.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I have no experience with the Xikar. I use a Caliber III. I checked mine and continue to do so regularly. It continues to read exactly 1% high every time I check.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar is really good IMO
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have both currently (Xikar in my cooler, Caliber in my humidor), and both are accurate, and work great. My Caliber actually,after salt testing, proved to be only 1% off RH, which for me is good enough... I say go with whatever you find cheaper, as they are both great hygrometers.
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    i had both i prefer excal 3 i have 2 of them in my big humidor. spot on