Home Non Cigar Related

Bang for the buck home theater surround system for $1250 bucks

Per the article below, I am upgrading my surround sound.  The new Arx's are getting some really good reviews.  It should be arriving Saturday.  I hope its all its all cracked up to be.

http://www.soundadviceblog.com/sound-systems/super-home-theater-surround-sound-system-for-1250-complete/

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I hear the Paradigm CT 5.1 systems are pretty nice for the money. The 70 should be around the same price as they systemy you are looking just for the speakers and sub. The 90 and 110 are more. The way I find out if what I am looking at is good is by reading tons and tons of reviews and then if I have the chance to see or hear it I do that.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Good points wheelie. Reviews are what I went off of. I have very little places to go listen to really good speakers. I wish there was a place that sold nice theater stuff near me. Best Buy sucks, the people are **** and morons to boot. Every time I go in there (not often mind you, though last night I picked up alice in wonderland on blu ray for ten bucks) I get bugged tons of times then the one time I give in and say, yes, I'm looking for ...., they don't know wtf I am talking about. I had a guy tell me when I was looking for a panasonic 65t25 plasma that the one "they" had was better. I went off on him for not only lying to me but telling me that the t25 was an older model and they don't sell it. There's a video store that's a private owned and it's nice but they lack the inventory. Either way if you have a place to listen to speaker, always try to listen to them, though you can only hear so much unless they have like a sound proof theater room.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    nice set!

"Long ashes my friends."

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    WOW WOW WOW!!!! I only have a 3.1 system (two front A3s, Center A2) hooked up ATM and WOW does it sound awesome! I highly suggest this system for a budget 1k system. My wife is currently playing COD and it sounds like a war zone.