Home Non Cigar Related

Bought my first house

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
We signed for our first house today! Its in Salt Lake and we will be moving in March so hopefully I can have someone make me a in wall humi.

The house overlooks Salt Lake so at night we have a great view of the city lights and in the back yard is a huge mountain. Pretty swanky.

Comments

• vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    congrats ! hope the move goes well
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Congrats... in addition to the in-the-wall humi there will be the never ending To Do List.. but it is all good cause it's yours. Enjoy
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    congratulations man ...
  • Congrats! Welcome to the joys of home ownership, the tax shelter, and the cost of maintaining it! :)

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Congrats, let the repairs begin!!!!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Major congrats!
    Light 'em up.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I've got some friends that live there and they love it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Goldy!
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Congratulations! We just bought our first house last year and its a great feeling, enjoy!
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Congrats!
    We also moved into our first house a little over a year ago, very exciting. By far the biggest purchase I've ever made and was a little nervous, but it is a great feeling to have a home.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Goldy ........ any plans for a man cave to accompany the in wall humidor?
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    We signed for our first house today! Its in Salt Lake and we will be moving in March so hopefully I can have someone make me a in wall humi.

The house overlooks Salt Lake so at night we have a great view of the city lights and in the back yard is a huge mountain. Pretty swanky.
    Congrats! I bought my first a little over a year ago and it is so much better than renting!!! Exciting time for you and the location sounds awesome! Once you get that humi done let us know and you can expect visitors or at least a "house" warming gift!! ;-)
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Brian. There's a lot of satisfaction to be had by owning your own home. And Salt Lake city has to be a major improvement, weatherwise, over Minnesota. Is the move job-connected?

I was once on a construction job in Longview, WA and while I was there I leased a house on the side of a hill overlooking the whole city. Spectacular views from up there - especially at night with all the lights. I think you're gonna love your view.

Enjoy!!

Marty

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    CONGRATS!! Home ownership is awsome. Just be prepared to have a little less time for all the things you enjoy. That honey do list is never ending! But it is always rewarding to sit back, fire one up, and look on at all of your hard work from that day.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Sounds really nice.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    nice one.
    i cant wait to own my own place. ive got too much stuff just for my one bedroom in my parents house lol
    make sure you pm a few people with your new address ;)
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    sol1821:
    nice one.
    i cant wait to own my own place. ive got too much stuff just for my one bedroom in my parents house lol
    make sure you pm a few people with your new address ;)
    Ha, after your last bomb I dont know if I want to.
    Thanks guys. Yes, this is a work relocation so we dont actually need to move anything because the company hires movers which will be a GREAT perk. This place comes with a bonus 3rd car garage which is going to be my mancave for sure. Just did the inspection so now we get the first glimpse at how expensive this place will be.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    congrats man what is it you do if you dont mind me asking
    jship079:
    congrats man what is it you do if you dont mind me asking
    I'm an exploration geologist which is a fancy term for a prospector.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome! Congrats man!!!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Just saw this and Congrats Goldy! Nothing like buying your 1st home.....ahhh all that work. Take time out after the work is done to enjoy a smoke and think of how rewarding all that work was to get where you are now.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Goldy..hope the move goes well. Being a homeowner has its up and downs..but as long as you have more ups than you do downs..its all good.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Just look at DDs post about his utility company. Lots of issues to deal with.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff, congratulations!
    Light 'em up.