Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

cu avana intenso

just lite up my first cu avana intenso from my full bodied tap out sampler, and i am kind of disappointed. i wasnt really expecting to be blown away, but at least a decent smoke. i mean, the stick looked great, constructed very well, burned as well as i could have hoped.... but the smoke didnt really give off any flavor at all. it was just a bland boring smoke to me. it didnt change at all during the 90ish min smoke, which was the churchill vitola. anyways, what are some of your thoughts?? i thought i would at least get some spice at the very least, but nothing! maybe i got a dud?? if im up for it, maybe ill light up the punisher tomorrow and see how that goes....

Comments

• Options
    That's exactly how I feel. I thought I had a dud because I had heard nothing but great things about it - but I smoked one from two separate purchases, so the chances of two duds from separate batches is pretty low. As you said, it looked great, it's constructed well, etc, but there was just no taste.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Intensos are one of those sticks you need to sit on for a while before they're good. Like 6 months to a year. Then the flavors I get are pepper with a bit of chocolate. It's a good stick then.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a "bland" one, myself, zesty pepper & chocolate. Have one down in the humidor, may try it soon. I have occasionally had cigars that were really a good cigar, but I had the exception, and it can happen twice. Got two dud RP sungrowns in two different batches, every other one I've had was great.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Im with my boy Amos on this one...I have smoked probably 10 of these and they have always been pretty solid for me with good flavor....enough for me to order more. That said, I have smoked certain brands and thought the stick bland only to smoke it again later and have a good experience. Could be some humi time is needed or just got a bad batch/stick.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the last ones I had were very ammonia smelling so i passed. i didn't have time to revisit them.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I've only had one once, and it had a fair bit of age on it too. I thought it was great. IMHO it's the BEST stick to have with a nice fresh cup of coffee.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I always really enjoy the Intenso... I think the Churchill is the best size personally. They do need some time in the humi, but I'm ok with stocking up on them and leaving them to rest for a good 6mo. +
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is interesting because I have always loved the Intenso and I have never had one I considered bland. They do improve with age but I have smoked them ROTT too. I find the torpedo to be the best of these. This is also a stick that smokes and tastes better when kept a little a dryer(60--65% RH) IMO. I have found them to be very spicy and stout and I lean toward the medium and full bodied sticks. I have two in my pocket right now to burn today.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm on the bandwagon here, I really dig the Intenso's. I haven't tried the Punisher yet, but the regular Intenso's have always been spot-on for me. Very spicy, some pepper, plenty of kick.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    This is probably my favorite budget smoke. They can be had REALLY cheap, and are always a treat to smoke. Great value cigar, especially if you like a lot of body in your smokes. Not the most flavorful thing out there, but they sure are darn tasty!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Completed smoking both of my torps today. I have to say I have no idea what the OP was smoking because these things are anything but bland. Spicy, stout, perfect burn, I will keep smoking them. Still one of my favorites especially in this size.