Home Non Cigar Related

Awesome story for ya

A friend of mine owns a bar in Hudson, WI with the teachers stiking and the schools closed today because of lack of teachers, the school his daughters go to had to cancel the school dance for today.

So Paul closes down the bar and provides food and beverages for the kids and held an "80's dance party for all the kids who could make it! I just thought it was awesome of someone to shut his buisness down for a few hours for the kids!

I feel bad for people feeling screwed on benefits but I love that a guy like Paul steps up for the children. I will be smoking in his honor tonight!

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    That's pretty awesome. I believe I will smoke one for him tonight as well.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That is totally awesome! What are fine generous man.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    It's nice to see there's still people out there who care! Way to be, Paul!
  • JimmyCJimmyC Posts: 38
    Good stuff there... hope the kids parents appreciate the effort and support his regular business. This calls for a smoke!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the small margin of profit in the bar business, that was a real sacrifice on his part to do the right thing. Nice to see that can still happen!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Very cool man! You should make sure that all the newspapers, radio & TV stations in the area know about this, so he can get maximum exposure (read: advertising & marketing) out of this as possible. I know thats not why this awesome individual did this, but if he can benefit from it, hey - who could possibly deserve it more?

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    With the small margin of profit in the bar business, that was a real sacrifice on his part to do the right thing. Nice to see that can still happen!
    thats no joke.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    The Sniper:
    Very cool man! You should make sure that all the newspapers, radio & TV stations in the area know about this, so he can get maximum exposure (read: advertising & marketing) out of this as possible. I know thats not why this awesome individual did this, but if he can benefit from it, hey - who could possibly deserve it more?

Someone asked if they could call the news and Paul said no he wanted to keep it about the kids and not the politics of why he had the party
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirfoster83:
    The Sniper:

Someone asked if they could call the news and Paul said no he wanted to keep it about the kids and not the politics of why he had the party
    He sounds like a man with a big heart!