Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

JDN Antaño Consul, "test drive."

JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
I know this cigar has been reviewed here before. Just had one ROTT, great smoke, beautiful presentation and construction. Strong leathery aroma with a hint of sharp dirt/earth. I didn't find it to be very complex, it had a nice, roasted flavor throughout and I picked up on a bit of spice towards the end. Very nutty in the finish. It didn't hit me very hard, I slightly felt it in the gut towards the end but only a little. I have 4 more of these bad boys, they will go to rest for a while.

Mostly curious to hear your guys' thoughts and also how it compares to the Celebracion and the Dark Corojo.
Light 'em up.

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I always enjoy the Antano! I've actually become quite a fan of all of the JDN line. The Celebracion is great, the Cabinetta, the Dark Corojo... All could be regulars in my humidor.
  • Options
    I've read good things, can't wait to try more.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Try out the Cabinetta, Celebracion, and the Dark Crojo for sure. The Classico is a good smoke too but nowhere near as flavorful as the others.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    I really need to try out the Dark Corojo, It looks tasty!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I keep meaning to buy a box of the belicosos one of these days.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Try out the Cabinetta, Celebracion, and the Dark Crojo for sure. The Classico is a good smoke too but nowhere near as flavorful as the others.
    Oh, I'm all over that.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    I know this cigar has been reviewed here before. Just had one ROTT, great smoke, beautiful presentation and construction. Strong leathery aroma with a hint of sharp dirt/earth. I didn't find it to be very complex, it had a nice, roasted flavor throughout and I picked up on a bit of spice towards the end. Very nutty in the finish. It didn't hit me very hard, I slightly felt it in the gut towards the end but only a little. I have 4 more of these bad boys, they will go to rest for a while.

Mostly curious to hear your guys' thoughts and also how it compares to the Celebracion and the Dark Corojo.
    JdN is one of my Favorite brands.

i love the Anta
  • Options
    Balance and power sums it up nicely.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    JCizzle:

JdN is one of my Favorite brands.

i love the Anta
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not sure it is the EXACT same blend but very close according to all descriptions i have ever seen.
  • Options
    I have a Celebracion sitting here at my desk, I'm going to blaze it up shortly.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    If you can find it, the Antano Gran Reserva is a wonderful smoke. They don't make them anymore so they are a little tricky to come by, but they are the most flavorful and well balanced smoke JDN has made IMO.