Home Ratings & Reviews

Announcing the Cu-avana Intenso "In Extremis" challenge

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
For those of you who enjoy the CA Intenso I am taking on the challenge of smoking the Intenso and the Punisher in the same afternoon. I have eaten a hardy breakfast and have been training by smoking full bodied powerhouse cigars daily! (strict regimen LOL). I will post pics of my progress later. Bring on the lip burn!

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    gypsy, you are ALL MAN!!!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    your mustache is going to be filled with ligero hairs after today.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Results of the challenge

Some thoughts on the Punisher. The lip burn that has been mentioned with this cigar is something to behold. I am an experienced smoker and never experienced anything like it. I have had some cigars that had a little lip burn with them but that does not prepare you for this. For those of you who use hot sauce I can best desribe this as the Louisiana Hot Sauce of cigars. If you like hot sauce you know the addictive nature of the burn and this was no different.
    Now about the stick itself, the first 1/3 the flavors were spicy but it is hard to concentrate on them because of the lip burn, it is spicy to start. When it hit the 2nd third it mellowed and the flavor really came into it's own. It was smoother and creamier with some nice spice. By the half way point the lip burn subsided or either my lips went numb, not sure, and the flavor was really good throughout the rest of the smoke. This cigar should be tried by everyone just to understand how spicy this wrapper is. The burn begins the instant you put it to your lips. It also had loads of body/strength. I will be seeking more of these.

Warning: This cigar contains real tobacco and the side effects include severe lip trauma, hallucinations, uncontrolled urination, disorientation, fits of unintelligible mumbling. If you experience any of these symptoms seek medical supervision at once. Use only under adult supervision. LOL
  • glad to hear you lived to tell about it..i think i need a couple of years before i tackle this...btw like the warning label hense why i will wait some time for this lol
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, the warning did it for me, now I'm going to have to try the Punisher.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Hey Gypsy, I am a big fan of the CA Intenso but have not tried the Punisher. Can you provide a little insight as to the difference btw them taste-wise?
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Glad you enjoyed it Gypsy! I might have to take on this challenge here sometime in the near future, I need to put in another order of the Punishers, I really enjoyed it!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    dowjr1:
    Hey Gypsy, I am a big fan of the CA Intenso but have not tried the Punisher. Can you provide a little insight as to the difference btw them taste-wise?
    The blends are totally different, the Punisher to me was a more earthy flavor with that salty hot sauce added.