Home Ratings & Reviews

EO 601 Red Habano

Interesting After 2-3 long pulls I was ready to toss this cigar. The bitterness at the back of my tongue seemed to linger forever. Well, glad I didn't. The stick built up a real heavy, oily head, hiding the tart wrapper flavor, and the body increased as the cigar progressed. I love the feeling and taste of "cooking" the tobacco as the cigar progresses. Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I burned one of these yesterday and was intrigued by the flavor. There was a certain fruity taste to it that was interesting.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I smoked one of these on my way home tonight. It started off good with a lot of promise: intense pepper with a toasty core and a verrrrrry long finish. I was psyched! Then the pepper went way down and all the flavors smoothed out and I almost tasted a little cream in there with the dry, toasty flavors. Psyched again! Then the pepper came back but not as much as at the beginning. Now I'm thinking this is going to be a dynamic smoke!

Unfortunately this is where the happiness ends. Tar was building up quick and giving awful flavors in my mouth. I clipped the head again, while I drove down a twisty, turning, bumpy road. The tar was removed but the flavors remained very bitter, mostly on the finish. It was all dry toast on the palate and all bitterness on the finish. Not my cup of tea at all. I've read that this is the intended flavor and its (bitterness) is actually written up as part of the description. Well, it's true. That flavor isn't really for me so I ended it about half way through. The first half was pretty good, though.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Nice little review harpoon, thanks! Cant wait to read your takes on the rest of the sampler... and hoping you prove me wrong on a couple. :-(

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd stick. Mine also changed flavor, from bad to very good, but only for a ways, then very bad again, so, like an idiot, I kept trying to find the good again. Didn't happen. If they could make one that tasted like that one inch or so, the whole way, they'd really have a great cigar on their hands.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain