Home Non Cigar Related

What else do you enjoy?

124»

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    People still play D&D? Wow... I gave that up 20+ years ago. I think I still have my old books around.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    Resurrecting a dead thread here.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Wafflebob:
    Before anybody gets any ideas, my girlfriend is a redhead and ex-military.
    Ooh, now I'm even more intrigued.
    Wafflebob:
    If anybody knows where I can get a pink M-16 before the democrats ban assault rifles again, I'd appreciate it.
    Let me look through my files, I have the info somewhere. I've been saving up for an AR and was gonna get pink furniture for it to use as a PR tool, but I just dropped the coin on a Beretta 686 so I don't know how soon I'll be able to get one now.
  • TshawwTshaww Posts: 16

I too am a geek, I have always enjoyed video games and computer hardware, but recently while in school I have developed a passion and respect for computer security be it on applications or the web. I love alcohol as well although I do not have the same dark beer tastes you do, I love dos equis and would probably say that is my favorite beer. I love Jack Daniels with coke or on the rocks, rum is enjoyable although it would never be my first pick. Makers Mark is also tasty.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    NERDS!!!

its cool. I was thinking about all the time i spent playing D&D as a teen earlier on today while smoking a cigar.
  • TshawwTshaww Posts: 16
    never quite got into d&d although i thought about it at one point
  • dutyje:
    People still play D&D? Wow... I gave that up 20+ years ago. I think I still have my old books around.
    I've heard that the old books are in demand again, maybe you could get something for them. The game seems to be relatively popular. It doesnt' seem to matter where I bring it up, there are usually a handful of people who play, or used to. Some of them you'd never expect. Bikers, bomb technicians, mechanics. etc.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Wafflebob:
    dutyje:
    I've heard that the old books are in demand again, maybe you could get something for them. The game seems to be relatively popular. It doesnt' seem to matter where I bring it up, there are usually a handful of people who play, or used to. Some of them you'd never expect. Bikers, bomb technicians, mechanics. etc.
    I looked at selling my books a few times, but I couldn't bring myself to part with them. I had them out just this summer looking at the books and all the work I did, writing an adventure for Dungeon Magazine, etc. I also created an entire world in which you could build civilizations and empires, for a Risk-like (would that be Risque?) variation of warfare. I also defined an entire Immortal world so I could play in that space with some of my characters which happened to live a great number of years, and I'd grown afraid of one day losing.

There's even real blood stains on the pages of a couple books. The story is a lot more interesting if I just leave it at that.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    If anybody knows where I can get a pink M-16 before the democrats ban assault rifles again, I'd appreciate it.
    I haven't seen any in a long time, but every once in a while they will pop up on gunbroker or AR15.com. An easier way would be to paint a set of furniture. The best product is called Duracoat from Lauer's Custom Weaponry. Check out their website at www.lauerweaponry.com and look at their products. I have a 30-30 that a friend of mine did in their stainless steel color and it is awesome for both looks and durability. I've also built 2 AR's myself so if you have any questions, let me know and I would be glad to help out.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    wafflebob--- try the tortuga rum with ( i know this sounds crazy but yer gonna have to trust me on this one) sierra mist. you will be pleasantly surprised
  • My job is also my hobby was curious to see if there were any other Firefighter on here or Paramedics/EMT's?
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yup. Smoke=Fire and capt are firemen. Neither of them have been around lately, though, except for capt's drive-by the other day.
  • I was curious, theres a decent group of us that all smoke cigars and didnt see anyone else mention being a FF
  • Aside from cigars, I'm into movies. I collect DVD's and various movie things (i.e. original posters, publicity photographs), I'm also an avid fan of music, I love taking in concerts. I also read, play videogames, draw, paint, sculpt and freelance photography.
    rdnstn:
    Wafflebob:
    I haven't seen any in a long time, but every once in a while they will pop up on gunbroker or AR15.com. An easier way would be to paint a set of furniture. The best product is called Duracoat from Lauer's Custom Weaponry. Check out their website at www.lauerweaponry.com and look at their products. I have a 30-30 that a friend of mine did in their stainless steel color and it is awesome for both looks and durability. I've also built 2 AR's myself so if you have any questions, let me know and I would be glad to help out.
    Waffle, here is the source I found for pink furniture. Painting works, but you can get it molded in the color you want, so you don't have to worry about it scratching off.

Cavalry Arms
    http://www.cavalryarms.com
    (480) 833-9685.

They don't list the fun colors on their website, but if you call them up they should be able to help you out.
  • Scrambler:
    rdnstn:
    Wafflebob:
    Waffle, here is the source I found for pink furniture. Painting works, but you can get it molded in the color you want, so you don't have to worry about it scratching off.

Cavalry Arms
    http://www.cavalryarms.com
    (480) 833-9685.

They don't list the fun colors on their website, but if you call them up they should be able to help you out.
    Thanks, I'll check it out, although I probably won't need it now. Said girlfriend broke up with me and moved out this week.
    Ouch, that sucks. Sorry. Now you can use the money to get yourself an AR in whatever color you want.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Wafflebob:
    Said girlfriend broke up with me and moved out this week.
    So what's her number? ;)

Sorry.... had to be said.

We sure do have a lot of shooters and homebrewers on the board!
  • zoom6zoom:
    Wafflebob:
    Said girlfriend broke up with me and moved out this week.
    So what's her number? ;)

Sorry.... had to be said.

We sure do have a lot of shooters and homebrewers on the board!
    thats true. I might normally be inclined to give out her contact info, but she'd probably figure out what happened pretty quckly and then I'd be in trouble.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Add another shooter to the list! I used to be in the USPSA but lost the time to devote to it. Same for the CMP, that was pretty much an excuse to "legally" have AR's in California :D. Im still a very active hunter and love it when i get some time to go to the long range, the sierras or prarie dog town. Tried golfing, might do that again. It just seems like an excuse to get away from your wife, drive around smoke cigars and drink beer.....Maybe i should give it a whirl again! Also enjoy cooking. Before i joined the Navy i was a caterer. It's one of those hobbies you really enjoy but if you did it for a living you'd hate it. And finally i make Applejack every now and then when the apples look good. Especially around this time of year, the still pisses the neighbors off though os i try to keep it to a minimum:)
  • KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    I used to be a hardcore gamer, pc and ps, but I think I'm growing up a bit. I've started camping, hiking, mountain biking, gem collecting, guitars,and sailing. I would like to do some kayaking, rock climbing and white water rafting. I've also been looking for an excuse to pick up my trumpet and play that again.
    You got PM Kam
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Kamelyon:
    I used to be a hardcore gamer, pc and ps, but I think I'm growing up a bit. I've started camping, hiking, mountain biking, gem collecting, guitars,and sailing. I would like to do some kayaking, rock climbing and white water rafting. I've also been looking for an excuse to pick up my trumpet and play that again.
    As for an excuse to pick up the trumpet, how about to pi$$ off the neighbors ?
    ebitler:
    My job is also my hobby was curious to see if there were any other Firefighter on here or Paramedics/EMT's?
    I'm not a firefighter but I'm an EMT. I'm going to PA school right now though, so I'm not actively working.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm also a shooter but that kinds comes with my line of work... I also do love camping and hiking, fishing, Scuba Diving, golf, and pretty much anything outdoors.
    PuroFreak:
    I'm also a shooter but that kinds comes with my line of work... I also do love camping and hiking, fishing, Scuba Diving, golf, and pretty much anything outdoors.
    Damn, if I didn't know better I would have thought I posted that.
  • capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    Well, love to spend time with my family first and foremost. My thing I have gotten into over the past 5 years is coaching football, soccer and basketball for my kids. Football is a passion of mine. I am a Pop Warner head coach, just finished my 4th season. During football season we spend all day Saturday at whichever park we are at that day watching all of our teams that travel together as we know people on all of them. I also am into video games. I will never grow out of them. My whole family has gotten hooked into gaming. I play online with my 360 and PS3, mostly sports and shooters. Drinking and hanging out with friends takes up alot of our time.
  • NSIOpsNSIOps Posts: 18

I love BBQing. Its really relaxing and a perfect appetizer to a good smoke. I am also a military guy, so firearms and camping stuff is always a relaxing bit to indulge in. I dont watching a few good flicks either, and keep up with the movies quite a bit.

NSIOps:

I love BBQing. Its really relaxing and a perfect appetizer to a good smoke. I am also a military guy, so firearms and camping stuff is always a relaxing bit to indulge in. I dont watching a few good flicks either, and keep up with the movies quite a bit.

Glad to see another military guy on the site. Welcome aboard buddy!
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    The things I enjoy besides smoking cigars are playing poker mostly texas hold em but I have been a winning player in 7 card stud, omaha, omaha hi/lo and hold em for about 5 years now. I love fishing, hunting, watching football, baseball, college basketball, UFC fighting, drinking quality beer, wine, scotch and rum.