Home General Discussion

Maybe the coolest thing EVER!

OK, was at a B&M in Wichita KS today, and the guy working the counter says to me "Bet Ive got something here you've never seen - a CAO The Sopranos sampler!"

"Ooo" I think to myself, " THERE'S something I dont see everyday...."

He opens the box and shows me this...

Sorry if the picture comes out crappy... it was taken with a crappy cell phone camera. LOL At any rate, if you cant make it out, here is what you are looking at...

The cigar in the middle is roleld in the shape of a giant bullet.
The two cigars on the ends are rolled in the shape of baseball bats.

The two cigars between the ends & the middle are rolled in the shape of champagne magnums.

This is easily one of, if not THE, coolest thing I have seen since I got into this hobby. The skill taken to roll these is mind boggling to me. Its a little tough to tell from my crappy picture, but these things werent "Oh, that sort of looks like a ball bat, and those sort of look like champagne bottles..." - you knew exactly what you were looking at the second you looked at it.

Who even thinks to TRY doing something like this. I tell ya boys, I was blown away...

Comments

• thats sick......im salivating!!!!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Wow. How much was it? I've never even smoked a CAO Sopranos and I want that. I have heard of Arturo Fuente making cigars that look like chili peppers, baseball bats, etc.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Like wwhwang, I've heard of AF rolling some baseball bats, peppers, and even pipes (tobacco pipes), but I've never heard of anyone else doing it - very cool!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That CAO sampler is really cool. I don't know that I could bring myself to smoke such cool cigars though, if I were to get one it would be pure novelty.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    I've seen these online, and they are usually pretty expensive. Somewhere north of $200 a sampler. Otherwise you can pick up a regular CAO sampler for 35-50 dollars which is includes a Tony Soprano size (Limited Edition).
    I would imagine they would be awkward to smoke.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I got one last year for about 80 and DPG actually makes a baseball bat as well.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, those samplers are cool... I'm sure the cigars are unsmokeable, but who would want to smoke those? Kind of like the Baseball bats and Cuban Pipes DPG makes.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    wwhwang:
    Wow. How much was it? I've never even smoked a CAO Sopranos and I want that. I have heard of Arturo Fuente making cigars that look like chili peppers, baseball bats, etc.
    That was the crazy thing - I asked old boy how much the sampler went for, expecting something outrageous (and rightfully so).

I had to have my buddy physically drag me out of the shop when the guy told me $70....

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    j0z3r:
    That CAO sampler is really cool. I don't know that I could bring myself to smoke such cool cigars though, if I were to get one it would be pure novelty.
    That, and the fact that I currently have NEGATIVE room in my humidors, are the ONLY reasons I didnt pull the trigger.

Can still faintly hear the sampler whispering to me from across town however... :-)

• Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I think I saw that at the B&M yesterday...just couldn't imagine smoking it LOL You'll have to let us know your experiences ROFL Looks like a huge club!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Football AF Opus X is the craziest one I think, but here are some of AF other ones...

http://www.vitolas.net/thumbnails.php?album=1
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've got one of the CAO Soprano sets. Picked it up under $50 and considered selling it on ebay but nobody was buying, so I decided to keep it. I figure it'll make a nice conversation piece in my future walk-in or cabinet humi someday. And if I ever completely run out of sticks and have a serious craving, I could always light up a giant champagne bottle.

I think there was actually a review of someone who smoked the bottle with pics. Said it wasn't as bad as he thought it was gonna be and actually burned even (after an entire tank of butane trying to get the thing lit).
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    there is a shop in Tahoe, on nevada side that actually has this set...its hella dope...dont know if its even possible to smoke those champagne magnums lol
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted this set but couldn't justify laying out over $200 for it. If I could find it cheaper, I'd go for it. I wanna try the ones that are actually "smokeable" too...the soldier, associate, boss, and Tony limited edition. Anyone have any of those they may be willing to trade?
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Football AF Opus X is the craziest one I think, but here are some of AF other ones...

http://www.vitolas.net/thumbnails.php?album=1
    ////wow! Those aer some mighty fine rolls of tobacco!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    RoyalCigars:
    I've seen these online, and they are usually pretty expensive. Somewhere north of $200 a sampler. Otherwise you can pick up a regular CAO sampler for 35-50 dollars which is includes a Tony Soprano size (Limited Edition).
    ive seen both of these in person. my B&M had a good relationship with CAO

...until they went to general...
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    ROTFLMAO..... I was looking at a couple of these yesterday at my B&M, They have had them since i have been going in there, They have all kinds of cool ***, they have MontiCristo Superbowl Humidor that is totaly crazy!