Home Cigar 101

Nicaragua tours?

I am new here (primarily read through the forums and learn what I can), and fairly new to cigars as well. I am about to finish my tour here in Iraq in a couple weeks, and have been thinking about what to do when I get back. A few of my Soldier's got me into cigars a while back, and I have been addicted ever since.
Of course it will be a trip of some sort with the wife, while the kiddos stay with a sitter. My first thought that was Nicaragua. Being that I like most of the cigars that come from there, and thought that it would be an interesting place to visit. I brought it up to the wife, and she said she would love to go and would like to tour some factories with me! Amazing!
So...
After searching around, I am yet to find a tour company or anything of the sort. We both only speak a small amount of Spanish (both grew up in SoCal), but not enough to get around. I think it was Kuzi who went on a tour a little while back, and I would love to do something similar. Does anyone know a good package, or anything that focuses on tourism and cigars in Nicaragua?
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Send a PM off to Kuzi and I would also suggest Alex...
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    If you have questions you have certainly found the right group of guys to ask.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah... i went.

my wife went with me but im not sure all wives would be ok with it. please send me a PM and i can get you more info.

HERE is the short version of our trip.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loco, welcome and thanks for serving.
  • kuzi16:
    yeah... i went.

my wife went with me but im not sure all wives would be ok with it. please send me a PM and i can get you more info.

What do you mean with the "not sure all wives would be OK with it"? Just wondered.
  • Kuzi, PM sent
  • rossdavey2:
    kuzi16:
    yeah... i went.

What do you mean with the "not sure all wives would be OK with it"? Just wondered.

Curious also
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sdloco30:
    rossdavey2:
    kuzi16:
    yeah... i went.

Curious also
    there was not much "vacationing" on the trip.
    a ton of factory tours that include the fermentation rooms that most people cant even stand to walk into. its very repetitive with the tours. no swimming on the trip i went on (no time). the food was decent but not amazing. very little time for shopping. . if she doesnt like cigars youll be screwed. there is almost no awake time that you dont have a cigar lit. i was smoking 4 or so a day. there is a good chance you could get sick (from the water). iduno... you have to be into cigars for the trip. the beds are not comfortable. your stuck on a bus with a bunch of drunk stinky guys smoking for hours on end riding around a third world country on rough roads with little to no air conditioning.

... does that sound like your wifes idea of a good time?

if she is crazy then it might work out.

thankfully my wife is just as crazy as me.