Home General Discussion

Seconds?

Do we have any fans of them here on the boards? If so, which do you like?

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought a box of RP Edge seconds probably 6 years ago for like 40 bucks. Best d@mn buy I made for a box of anything price and taste taken into account. Other than these though havent done too many seconds. L. Jimenez were not terrible. Seems like seconds are less and less desrirable wach year though....maybe a price issue, maybe the mini boom going on...IDK. But the B&Ms I go to sure had more of them a few years back.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The "Town Crier" near hear carries sticks from Factory 49, 59, and 99. Not sure how truthfull, but the packages says A. Fuentes. It also says they aren't "seconds" but rolled. loose tobacco. Bought a brick and give them away or chew on them while working in the yard. $1.50/stick
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like the Perdomo ESV '91 seconds, MoW seconds, ITC 10th seconds.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    The best seconds that I know of so far.....are W&D which is a Don Tomas second and Private Stock by Davidoff. Private Stock is much more reasonably priced and certainly delivers on satisfying your dominican cigar craving.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • The only 2nds that I've had were the RP 92 seconds. I really like them, but I've had a few that were unsmokeable (plugged). Other wise they were great. When I get done with them, I am going to buy some RP Decade seconds.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten some RP 1990 and some of the old RP Fusion seconds. Never had an issue with any of them.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I've also had the RP1990's in seconds and love them ..... Plus they have a great winter size only available in the seconds ... its a mini belicoso ...
  • I second the Perdomo ESV 2nds also dig the La Aurora seconds as well....corona and robusto size. I just ordered some LFD Seconds as well.....will let you know how those are. I have some Rocky Patel Decade seconds in the humi...i have to lite one up soon to see how they fair.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I was on an Olde World Reserve 2nds kick last summer, very good.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    AQUADGIO1200:
    I second the Perdomo ESV 2nds also dig the La Aurora seconds as well....corona and robusto size. I just ordered some LFD Seconds as well.....will let you know how those are. I have some Rocky Patel Decade seconds in the humi...i have to lite one up soon to see how they fair.
    Tell me more about these LFD seconds please.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    j0z3r:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    I second the Perdomo ESV 2nds also dig the La Aurora seconds as well....corona and robusto size. I just ordered some LFD Seconds as well.....will let you know how those are. I have some Rocky Patel Decade seconds in the humi...i have to lite one up soon to see how they fair.
    I was just thinking the same thing, never seen Lfd seconds before
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I've enjoyed the RP 90 and 92 seconds. Just had a 90 the other night and it was great. Truth be told it burned better than a RP "first". Go figure....
  • nikostewart:
    j0z3r:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    Joz3r & Nikostewat you have a PM!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    AQUADGIO1200:
    nikostewart:
    j0z3r:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    Could you send that pm to me too? LFD seconds sound fantastic.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I bought a pack page 15 RP Vintage 92's couple years ago. Tasted fine...just no bands

"Long ashes my friends."

• I enjoy the La Aurora #4s. They are a neat size and at that price I enjoy them myself and can easily give them away to someone who is just getting into the hobby.
  • bigharpoon:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    nikostewart:
    j0z3r:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    PM sent brotha.
  • willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    RoyalCigars:
    The best seconds that I know of so far.....are W&D which is a Don Tomas second and Private Stock by Davidoff. Private Stock is much more reasonably priced and certainly delivers on satisfying your dominican cigar craving.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
    +1
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    AQUADGIO1200:
    bigharpoon:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    nikostewart:
    j0z3r:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    PM sent brotha.
    A little late to this, but if anyone can forward me info about the LFD seconds, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • PM Sent to you
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    bigharpoon:
    AQUADGIO1200:
    nikostewart:
    j0z3r:
    AQUADGIO1200:

Ive never seen an LFD second and those are like my Favorites....... INFO PLEASE!
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    Can I also ask for a PM about the LFD 2nds?? Thx in advance.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    NightHawk:
    ME TOO!!!! :-)
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    ejenne87:
    NightHawk:
    Me three :)
  • PM send to all 3 of you guys!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    ejenne87:
    NightHawk:
    Me four :)
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    ENFIDL:
    ejenne87:
    NightHawk:
    If you ain't tired yet, me five. Thanks.
  • bandyt09:
    Hayblet:
    ENFIDL:
    ejenne87:
    NightHawk:
    If you ain't tired yet, me five. Thanks.
    lol....no prob my fellow botl's....pm sent to both of ya.