Home General Discussion

Arturo Fuente Candela

Saw a box of AF Candela cigars yesterday at a local B&M. Are these common AF cigars? Last month I bought a bunch of 888 candelas and they were okay. Thought about picking some of the AF Candelas since the 888s are gone....also, the AF Candelas don't look like they've been "touched" by anybody...think this is due to the B&M being new or people just not taking an interest with them

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had the Fence 8-5-8 candela and I enjoyed it. Nice mild smoke with a long of flavor. To me its. Very "springtime" tasting cigar. I wish I could find a few around here to pick up locally.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive actually promoted the candela 8-5-8 for years. i love em on a hot summer day when the heat is almost too much to take so the only thing you can do is sit in the shade with a good cigar.

they are rare but only because people dont like to looks of the green wrapper( they smoke with their eyes first) and they are mild (where full body is in style now) so they shy away from them. there is little demand so fewer produced.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have a few of them that I have been aging but not because I wanted to age them just because I have so damn many cigars that I haven't had a chance to revisit them. I think I have the Corona and the 8-5-8. Definately different tasting but not bad at all. I used to think that Candela cigars were crap because of the Garcia Vegas used a green wrapper but that was until I tried the Fuente.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    They are regular production cigars, not special releases or anything, and can be easily found. They are good though!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Im actually working my way thru trying every candela I can find... to date, no other brand Ive found even comes close to the AF candela, particularly the 858's. I actually found Camacho candelas yesterday for the first time - I was SO excited to try them, because I had heard great things.

Flavor? Disappointing.

Construction? Flat out WRONG - monster burn issues, stick kept going out on me.

The farther I go with my candela vision quest, the less hope I have that anything will equal or out-do teh AF candelas. They are highly recommended by yours truly.

• Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I may have to buy the box and put it away :) Thanks for the responses all!
  • Laws4Laws4 Posts: 9
     I have been interested in trying a candela for quite some time myself, as its just a cigar I've never experienced before. I'm a little disappointed to see the negative review on the Camacho to say the least - it is the candela I've been saving. Nevertheless, I think I'm gonna give it a try sometime soon. If its not decent, perhaps AF seems to be my next step...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the illusiones candelas are good too.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    Helllll yes they are. The ~88~ Candela I smoked recently was the best Candela I've ever had. Highly recommended.
    Laws4:
     I have been interested in trying a candela for quite some time myself, as its just a cigar I've never experienced before. I'm a little disappointed to see the negative review on the Camacho to say the least - it is the candela I've been saving. Nevertheless, I think I'm gonna give it a try sometime soon. If its not decent, perhaps AF seems to be my next step...
    Whoa, hang on a sec Laws4. Just because I had a bad experience with the Camacho candela does NOT automatically mean you will too. There's a bunch of different things that could have affected the stick I had. For example, I acquired the two I bought from a B&M in a town Ive never been in, and know nothing about. Perhaps they dont keep their humidor at 65% or above, or maybe they are none-too-gentle with their sticks when stocking or maintaining them? Or perhaps another customer of theirs mauled this particular stick when looking at it and somehow damaged it. Or perhaps I just got a bum stick.

Said all that to say this - when you fire up that Camacho, do so with an open mind and an unbiased attitude. I would personally love nothing more than for you to post here on Monday that you tried it over the weekend and it was the best cigar you've ever had! Dont let my (or anyone else's) feelings or experiences dissuade you from trying any stick brother - fire em up & find out for yourself! Thats the beauty of the hobby for me, finding out personally what I like and dont like.

docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    Helllll yes they are. The ~88~ Candela I smoked recently was the best Candela I've ever had. Highly recommended.
    Sweet! Didnt know Illusione even HAD a candela - now I gotsta find one and give it a try! New vision quest - WOO HOO!!! :-)

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    Sweet! Didnt know Illusione even HAD a candela - now I gotsta find one and give it a try! New vision quest - WOO HOO!!! :-)

My first ever candela wrapper was this cigar, and I smoked it during the superbowl. It was WAY better than I expected it to be! I've since bought a few more singles and my B&M has hooked me up with a couple freebies. They are really great smokes. The AF 8-5-8 candela was decent as well, but no where near the flavors the Illusione has
    The Sniper:
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:

888, 88, and XL :) I'll pick you up one of those this monday!
    SWEET!!! What can I get you in thanks Nick???

The Sniper:
    SWEET!!! What can I get you in thanks Nick???

nothing needed, don't mind doing this for a fellow BOTL!
    OK, make me guess - I dont care. LOL

Thanks Nick, much appreciated. :-)

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

Ah crap Nick, you had better get a Mailbox Insurance Policy this weekend. I have a feeling Glen WILL find something for you...
    bandyt09:
    The Sniper:

Ah crap Nick, you had better get a Mailbox Insurance Policy this weekend. I have a feeling Glen WILL find something for you...
    Glen always does. :-D