Home General Discussion

Want to meet AJ Fernandez...

come to Tabacco Republic in Loomis CA soon......thats right...his first ever trip to the west coast will be at my local shop in a couple months where we get to meet him.....so HA! lol

Comments

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I know you're going to tell us the date, right?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    come to Tabacco Republic in Loomis CA soon......thats right...his first ever trip to the west coast will be at my local shop in a couple months where we get to meet him.....so HA! lol
    A couple months? Good - you'll have time to practice your hide-camera-in-your-jacket technique so you can upload it for us ;)
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    June 18th.....i am the first one to know about this in cali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Is TR going to stock AJ's lineup? Would be nice to have a local shop to pick up a few sticks on the way up to Reno.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    better brush up on your spanish. when i met him the communication gap was a bit Wide

we spoke through an interpreter. his tobacco knowledge is crazy. unless he was talking tobacco he is a man of few words.
    yeah i am thinking he will have a interpreter lol....and far as stocking up....im sure he will carry a ton of stuff from him except for the online stuff of course...lol..
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    Has he got much of a reputation around B&Ms yet? I know no one at the B&Ms I've been to have heard of things like Diesel or MoW, and it seems like a lot of his blends are manufactured for a company related to this one (if I've read things right). So it would stand to reason his reputation might be a lot greater around here than at most places where his sticks unfortunately aren't getting sold.
    asolomon:
    Has he got much of a reputation around B&Ms yet? I know no one at the B&Ms I've been to have heard of things like Diesel or MoW, and it seems like a lot of his blends are manufactured for a company related to this one (if I've read things right). So it would stand to reason his reputation might be a lot greater around here than at most places where his sticks unfortunately aren't getting sold.
    this is true. AJ is up and coming. he has dipped his foot in the water with mostly online sales.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    asolomon:
    San Lotano is becoming really popular though. The social/new media Cigar machine is really positive about AJ and San Lotano, so I wouldn't be surprised if he does take off.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hope he remembers us little people when he becomes famous, lol ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    kuzi16:
    asolomon:
    this is true. AJ is up and coming. he has dipped his foot in the water with mostly online sales.
    Thats cool, the guy makes amazing cigars so its not like he needs it, but I guess its up to us who are fans of his stuff to help him out and get to these events to make sure the B&M market picks up on the buzz surrounding his stuff. Thats really cool though. Loomis is about 2.5 hours away, I'm gonna try and make it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Show up with a Puro Authentico hanging outta your mouth, get in his good books!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Diamondog:
    I would def. have to do this. :)
    t_evan50:
    Diamondog:
    I would def. have to do this. :)
    he respects many cigars.
    while in the AJ Fernandez Factory, the guy hosting the tour had a cigar from Drew Estates sticking out of his pocket. we were told that the cigar had the T52 wrapper. AJ walks up to the guy, pulls the cigar right out of his pocket, looks at it and asks "Connecticut?"
    it is a stalk cut Connecticut. so we told him yes
    then he smells it and asks in spanish "nicaraguan filler?" it is.

again we confirm.

he places the cigar back in the guys pocket and says in english: "Good cigar"
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Krieg:
    hope he remembers us little people when he becomes famous, lol ;)
    lol we can only hope!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Loomis huh? I'll make a road trip for that!!! Hell we could make it a herf! Hays.....i know youre going bro! I could bring that Zacapa but id need to crash on your couch :)
    so ill extend this offer as well...anyoen traveling here to loomis area can crash at my place as well...just bring sum sticks and we will call it even lol
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    so ill extend this offer as well...anyoen traveling here to loomis area can crash at my place as well...just bring sum sticks and we will call it even lol

Sticks, good booze and your couch....sounds like a plan!!
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    Joeyjoe21_8: so ill extend this offer as well...anyoen traveling here to loomis area can crash at my place as well...just bring sum sticks and we will call it even lol

might have to take you up on this
    lol..i cant drink too much due to this new workout program but i can def always join in and company is welcome among many friends....i should have my garage done by then to with couches out there and what not .....but yes, the offer is there.! lol
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Offer's out there for my place as well - Joey and I live like 10min, if that, from each other. Have a couch and airbed available. Although... I think I will be attending the NorCal Herf in Sac instead, because that event is SICk.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Hays:
    Offer's out there for my place as well - Joey and I live like 10min, if that, from each other. Have a couch and airbed available. Although... I think I will be attending the NorCal Herf in Sac instead, because that event is SICk.
    why not both?
    I am going to both Hays...I want to hit up fernandez for like 20 minutes or so at 2, then ill downtown for the herf...but if hays and i have enough people come up(or down depending on area), but we should do a poker and cigars at my place !!!
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I am going to both Hays...I want to hit up fernandez for like 20 minutes or so at 2, then ill downtown for the herf...but if hays and i have enough people come up(or down depending on area), but we should do a poker and cigars at my place !!!
    Pretty much down for all the above!

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Cool. Joe and Don from the shop regulars said they are down for some poker and drinking as well. Im sure we can get rev to open the shop up for us if we ask nicely!
    Good idea... hmm I'm sure we can pull something off. Hell, I could just call it a "VIP event" !

• I am always up for giving poker lessons and taking your cigars/money...
    Anyone coming up that needs a place just needs to let me know or pm me. I think plan will be hit up the AJ fernandez event(15 minutes from my house), get there at 2, leave by 3. only one hour. We will be heading downtown to the big herf which is a awesome even with a ton of free cigars and raffles....that will wrap up around 7:30 or so like it did last year. At that point, We can all rally at my house and play some poker and cigars, OR the shop i go to said we can all go in there for a private event (they sell amazing draft beer and wine, no hard stuff though), and we can all hang there and play poker and smoke. sound like a plan or what?
  • suneet21suneet21 Posts: 52
    Let me know man, me and the guys will definitely be there.