Home General Discussion

MOW....green?

I recently had my first MOW ruination and thought i would try the original as well....only when i lit it all i got was a green tobacco taste that lasted till i put it down a little more than half way simply cuz im stubborn n didnt want to give up on it. i finally had to put it down when it plain made me sick to my stomach...i was sick all night n it was just a plain bad experience..ive had this happen just one other time with a stick that aslo tasted like green tobacco with an ill effect....can anyone explain this...i just really wouldnt have expected this from such a great brand.

Comments

• Odd. I have smoked a Ruination fresh out of the mailbox and it was fantastic. It has been a consistently pleasurable smoke for me, no matter what the age.
  • it was actually the original..can green tobacco cause this and would it even be possible to get one from such a premium brand.....just really trying to figure out what happened...i would still try another one but just wondered if the group could explain what might have happened...it wasnt the nicotine either! it was a week and a half before i was brave enough to smoke another stick and had a great smoke....lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    medic_x:
    it was actually the original..can green tobacco cause this and would it even be possible to get one from such a premium brand.....just really trying to figure out what happened...i would still try another one but just wondered if the group could explain what might have happened...it wasnt the nicotine either! it was a week and a half before i was brave enough to smoke another stick and had a great smoke....lol
    Yep. It can, and does happen, even with far more "premium" brands.
  • medic_x:
    I recently had my first MOW ruination and thought i would try the original as well....only when i lit it all i got was a green tobacco taste that lasted till i put it down a little more than half way simply cuz im stubborn n didnt want to give up on it. i finally had to put it down when it plain made me sick to my stomach...i was sick all night n it was just a plain bad experience..ive had this happen just one other time with a stick that aslo tasted like green tobacco with an ill effect....can anyone explain this...i just really wouldnt have expected this from such a great brand.

Yeah, this happened to me too... while watching Grindhouse: Planet Terror. Oh, the humanity! Ruinations are on my banned list. :p

• MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    My first MOW original was like that. . .made me sick too.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    brizzzine:
    Odd. I have smoked a Ruination fresh out of the mailbox and it was fantastic. It has been a consistently pleasurable smoke for me, no matter what the age.
    +1
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    I've never had a "green" Ruination but I can tell you that I like them alot more after atleast 6 months of rest. They are one of those cigars that grow much more complex with some rest.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    I agree with SmokeySuit the Ruination does get better with age. I'm not sure about the original MOW but if you like the ruination, I'd advise picking up a few boxes, some beads and a new cooler, get them stored and forget about them for a couple years. The Ruinations can actually get stronger with age.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a newbie, 2 months into it, but the first MOW I smoked got me in the gut. It tasted so good I smoked a little too quickly I think. I'm learning guys. MOW Ruination is fast becoming one of my favorites. Can you tell by smell or feel if a cigar is "green"? Haven't experienced this yet and don't think I want to.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Never had a "green" stick in any of the Mow lines. Had one in the last box of la herencia which is a AJ blend. Didnt change my opinion about the cigar line... still love them.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've never experienced this. I have plenty of cigars in my humis with decent age on them so I almost never smoke cigars ROTT, I put them in a humi and pull older ones out to smoke while the new ones rest. I think this is the ticket for avoiding almost all potential cigar problems like green tobacco, ammonia, RH high or low, etc. etc.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Just had a Fonseca ISOM, didnt taste quite right. I opened up and sure enough green leaves. Not a ton, just a few.
  • medic_xmedic_x Posts: 35
    I guess ill just have to give it another try...what r the odds ill get another bad one...lol Ive been letting mine sit too lately but got this to see if i liked it with the intent of taking advantage on some of the deals lately n putting some away...that's usually how i do it...i try a few new blends each order then order more to put away if i like them! i'm always getting to try new sticks that way with my favorites getting some age on them. now thanks to the communities suggestions i'm learning to save some money on what i like as well by taking advantage of the deals. I still havent bbroke down n bought a whole box of anything yet but its coming real soon!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Funny I ran across this thread, had a "green" MOW Ruination last night...quite different than my last experience...love them to death, but last night I couldn't stand it...which is why I ended up smoking a Partagas Serie D
  • medic_xmedic_x Posts: 35
    I feel for ya...its quite an unpleasant experience if ur dumb enough like me to keep smoking...lol i was really looking forward to that one two...n i had it for a couple weeks. I guess it happens, but im still gonna give it another try.... everything about its profile screams great cigar to me...especially if it compares at all to the ruination! thought it might have a touch more sweetness to it!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    medic_x:
    I feel for ya...its quite an unpleasant experience if ur dumb enough like me to keep smoking...lol i was really looking forward to that one two...n i had it for a couple weeks. I guess it happens, but im still gonna give it another try.... everything about its profile screams great cigar to me...especially if it compares at all to the ruination! thought it might have a touch more sweetness to it!
    I'd give it another try, if you have two I'd let one sit for a while and see how it smokes down the road.