Home General Discussion

Introduction

RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
Okay, I've been on here for a few days now. Met some cool individuals (DSWARMACK, JCizzle, jsnake) in know particular order, lol. They have been very helpful and honest from what I gather. I'm fairly new to the cigar world. It has been fun so far, my palate is exploding for more exploration. It all started with a gift given to me, a infusion cigar made by CAO. From that, I have furthered my tasting and liking to a more traditional cigar. I'm between a mild and medium strength as of now. You have to start somewhere. Anyway, I was told that an introduction was warranted. So, here you go.

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome bro...there are a lot of great individuals on this forum. Looking forward to having you around.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    I'm between a mild and medium strength as of now. You have to start somewhere.
    thats not just a starting point.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. This is a pretty cool group. A little off kilter, but a great group.

Seriously, you will learn a lot from the Brothers (and Sisters) here.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Man, you guys are quick. Thanks for the welcome....
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    welcome and enjoy !
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the group! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask for anything. This group is the best cigar group on the internet by far.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Welcome aboard.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is your official welcome to the board. Great group of guys here. You have questions or need help just ask.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Welcome to the Jungle !
    I'm excited and thanks again jsnake and everyone in here....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Hope we can help with any questions.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Enjoy everything about this place!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, there is always room for more. Hope you stay a while, this is a great place.
  • willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    welcome ;)
  • rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    kuzi16:
    RCY Cigars:
    I'm between a mild and medium strength as of now. You have to start somewhere.
    thats not just a starting point.
    +1, and welcome.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Welcome. There is alot of great information and alot of great people here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Welcome aboard. Let your journey begin.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
    A day later, wow! You guys know how to welcome a person. Thanks mfotis, lilwing88, skweekz, Poker Slob, willso7, kuzi16, Bobbo2009, james40 and ENFIDL. I'm sure it's going to be blast....
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Welcome again man.
  • Welcome to the forums RCY Cigars, I'm new here myself. Well, I guess I will introduce myself as well... I will start with my BIO "Back when I was 18 I started smoking, I tried cheap, generic brands of cigars. I wasn't that thrilled with it at all, so I started smoking cigarettes. When I deployed to Iraq in 2005-06 I was given a Punch (Double Corona) that had been properly taken care of, from my boss. He gave it to me after I told him my history with cigars and said, with a smile, "try this, and let me know if you still don’t like cigars." He showed me how to cut and smoke it. During my next shift I asked him, "Where the @#$% did you get that?" It had blown my mind! After I got stateside I kind of forget about the subject, until now, I definitely want to pursue the art that is cigars." Since I joined I have been mostly reading the blogs, forums, and newsletters and buying different cigars/supplies. I'm building my second humidor (I made a fatal mistake with the first one by making it out of soft wood, MAJOR warping) this time out of red oak. I am a man that loves variety; the mood I'm in determines what type of cigar that I like. From what I've read so far about developing your palette that face might play against me, but we'll see. I hope to talk to everyone here and have fun!!
    @The Hoos, Welcome to the forums. It's an addiction for me I think, lol. Really though, welcome. So far, the people I have met, have been great. As for that humidor of yours, I hope your making a large one. I don'r know how red oak is going to do. Cedar is what I have read on for optime stability of humidity for your cigars. With that, ask questions. Everyone on here is a researcher. So what you don't know or can't find a answer. Someone has probably read on it or know by personal experience. Enjoy the adventure of finding that perfect cigar for you.
    Welcome, Hoos! And spanish cedar is what you're looking for. I believe that'll keep the most sane when you start obsessing over your RH like the rest of us :0)
  • skweekz:
    Welcome, Hoos! And spanish cedar is what you're looking for. I believe that'll keep the most sane when you start obsessing over your RH like the rest of us :0)
    LOL, I'm lining this one with cedar. The fact that I can’t find any mahogany locally I had to get it shipped here (very pricey) so I had go with lining the humidor...lol. If this one holds it will be for long term storage. I'll post the pictures of its creation once it’s done. The next one will be all Spanish cedar. Hell, if this one fails it will give me an excuse to buy a really good and big one. I can tell my wife that "because my collection is growing I need something to put them in while I build one myself!!" makes sense to me, lol. Nah, the wife is cool, she is kind of hoping that it doesn’t seal right or something because she likes how it looks and if I can’t use it she gets it! Thanks for the welcome and advice.
    The Hoos:
    skweekz:
    LOL, I'm lining this one with cedar. The fact that I can’t find any mahogany locally I had to get it shipped here (very pricey) so I had go with lining the humidor...lol. If this one holds it will be for long term storage. I'll post the pictures of its creation once it’s done. The next one will be all Spanish cedar. Hell, if this one fails it will give me an excuse to buy a really good and big one. I can tell my wife that "because my collection is growing I need something to put them in while I build one myself!!" makes sense to me, lol. Nah, the wife is cool, she is kind of hoping that it doesn’t seal right or something because she likes how it looks and if I can’t use it she gets it! Thanks for the welcome and advice.

My failed attempt to convert a wooden box into a humidor ended up as a very nice jewelry box for my wife. Although I have to be honest, I didn't really try that hard to convert it. Meaning, I was too lazy to get the cedar to line it lol.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. Glad you joined us.
  • Welcome. I think you will find this to be a very helpful and friendly group here.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to you, sir! If you're like the rest of us, you'll find yourself spending a little time, and a lot of money here. :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain