Home General Discussion

Would you be cool with......

someone sending you cigars from an isom in a bomb?

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure everyone would be cool with that!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    HELL NO!! We live in a law-abiding society, and ISOM's are ILLEGAL - for shame!!

Fortunately for you, I'm a considerate person, so just send them to me and I'll dispose of them properly ;)

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hmmm...I wonder who WOULDN'T be...?

"Long ashes my friends."

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I'd prefer it even.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Anyone that has possession of these can send them to me, as I will be your 'amnesty box'. It will be completely anonymous and I will see to it that they're well taken care of! :0)
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    My only problem with it is that there are other cigars I'd rather have.
    Light 'em up.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Isn't that part of life..... attempting to sample the 'forbidden fruit?' Perhaps a follow up question could be, do you want the band removed b4 bombing (just in case...of course followed up with an informative email), or have it worn proudly for all to see when fire is put to it?? As I am not a psyc major, I am not sure if your answer might reveal part of your motivation for wanting it in the first place....hmmm....do I want it: "because I can't have it"...."out of pure curiosity"...."how dare someone tell me (an adult) what I can or cannot do"...hmmm :)
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Isn't that part of life..... attempting to sample the 'forbidden fruit?' Perhaps a follow up question could be, do you want the band removed b4 bombing (just in case...of course followed up with an informative email), or have it worn proudly for all to see when fire is put to it?? As I am not a psyc major, I am not sure if your answer might reveal part of your motivation for wanting it in the first place....hmmm....do I want it: "because I can't have it"...."out of pure curiosity"...."how dare someone tell me (an adult) what I can or cannot do"...hmmm :)
    //////....perhaps this should go into the non-cigar forum, as I wan't trying to get political, hope it isn't taken that way.... p.s. if the fruit you wish to sample isn't in season where you live...let me know, as the fruits of the ISOM are always in season here...I am sure we can find a way to ship it J.I.T. (just-in-time) so it doesnt spoil enroute.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Well, if it HAD happened, and I'm not saying it DID, I would have acted on the behalf of my government, seized them from myself, and destroyed them in a series of small fires. If it had happened. Not that it did. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've been bombed with ISOM's and with sticks from everywhere else as well. I appreciate a bomb, regardless of where it came from. Even if all the sticks aren't what I like. It's the thought that counts. No one would have a problem with the etiquette though. it's a nice thought.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Fire away bro
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Fire at will
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Not sure....try bombing me with ISOM's so i know how ill feel :)
  • The REAL Cuban Missle Crisis! Hahahahahahaha
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    If it's against the law, it's against me.

/sarcasm
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    send me sum and ill let you know lol
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Aside from all the jokes (which are totally fair)..true story: the first bomb I received, not too long after joining this forum, contained a Cohiba Siglo VI Double Robusto Tubo. No joke, I was flat-out astounded and ridiculously grateful. At this stage in my cigar adventure, not sure I'd feel all too different :-).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hays:
    Aside from all the jokes (which are totally fair)..true story: the first bomb I received, not too long after joining this forum, contained a Cohiba Siglo VI Double Robusto Tubo. No joke, I was flat-out astounded and ridiculously grateful. At this stage in my cigar adventure, not sure I'd feel all too different :-).
    Was that the bomb I sent you way back when?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    dennisking:
    I've been bombed with ISOM's and with sticks from everywhere else as well. I appreciate a bomb, regardless of where it came from. Even if all the sticks aren't what I like. It's the thought that counts. No one would have a problem with the etiquette though. it's a nice thought.
    Amen brother, AMEN.

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    Hays:
    Was that the bomb I sent you way back when?
    Yup, and thanks again :)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    All ISOM's I've had have been impossible to draw on (aside from the mini's Wayne sent me) so really there's no allure to me anymore.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Being over here it is VERY difficult to tell the true ISOMs from fakes. EVERYTHING over here is labled ISOM. It is driving me crazy, because I dont know how to tell, and evertyhing over here is poorly cared for went into 3 humidors today nothing below 77 Rh. Freaking crazy and they wanted too much coin for them in crappy shape.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com is your friend. Trevor's site is the best thing since sliced bread.
  • SigCigSigCig Posts: 37
    I would not. Personally I follow the laws of the land. Not to be self-righteous by any means, because I really don't think it's that big of a whoop. Besides, there's so many great smokes that are legal and ready to smoke now!!! I don't know why so many folks get their panties in a bunch over sticks that need at least 5 years to age in order to be a decent smoke (ISOMs). But to each their own, I guess.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    SigCig:
    I don't know why so many folks get their panties in a bunch over sticks that need at least 5 years to age in order to be a decent smoke (ISOMs). But to each their own, I guess.
    Smoke a good one and you'll understand ;)
  • SigCigSigCig Posts: 37
    Diamondog:
    SigCig:
    I don't know why so many folks get their panties in a bunch over sticks that need at least 5 years to age in order to be a decent smoke (ISOMs). But to each their own, I guess.

Trust me, I have. 5 years is a long time to wait.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    SigCig:
    Diamondog:
    SigCig:
    It is and it isn't....some people have the ability to leave them alone regardless of how much/little stock they have and then people like myself, the only way I can age is by buying volume otherwise I smoke them. In the end with a larger selection of smokes to choose from aging has become a lot less difficult and well worth the time investment for me. Another thing with Cubans is, it is quite common to pick up sticks that already have significant time on them. Being in my humi for only a year doesn't negate the 2 year old box date that they've been sitting aging already...One of the things that I have come to love about this hobby is in fact the prospect of letting a box sit and age for that 5 years, almost seems like another facet to the hobby, maybe cigars will be my ultimate teacher in patience lol
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Good info. here, patience is important with ISOMs but since I have a huge collection of cigars it makes it easier on me. Definitely makes aging a lot less difficult...
    Diamondog:
    SigCig:
    Diamondog:
    SigCig:
    It is and it isn't....some people have the ability to leave them alone regardless of how much/little stock they have and then people like myself, the only way I can age is by buying volume otherwise I smoke them. In the end with a larger selection of smokes to choose from aging has become a lot less difficult and well worth the time investment for me. Another thing with Cubans is, it is quite common to pick up sticks that already have significant time on them. Being in my humi for only a year doesn't negate the 2 year old box date that they've been sitting aging already...One of the things that I have come to love about this hobby is in fact the prospect of letting a box sit and age for that 5 years, almost seems like another facet to the hobby, maybe cigars will be my ultimate teacher in patience lol
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    bearb:
    bearb:
    //////....perhaps this should go into the non-cigar forum, as I wan't trying to get political, hope it isn't taken that way.... p.s. if the fruit you wish to sample isn't in season where you live...let me know, as the fruits of the ISOM are always in season here...I am sure we can find a way to ship it J.I.T. (just-in-time) so it doesnt spoil enroute.
    PM Enroute
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    If it's against the law, it's against me.

/sarcasm

Soooooo many things my sarcasm wants to do with the wording in this post.....just sayin