Home General Discussion

Dos capas, or barber pole

Hello, Im a new member here and am looking for some help.  My best friend just got out of the military in August, he was a marine for 6 years.  He is getting married in the end of May.  Right before he left I got us some Gurkha Grand Master Dos Capas.  I am his best man at his wedding and he told me the other day how he always remembered that cigar, and how he loved the look.  So I decided that for his wedding I wanted to get him another barber pole style cigar.  I have looked and looked, but aside from the CAO America, I have not been able to find any.  I would like to find one that has a more pronounced "thicker" separation between the wrappers.  I already spent $600 on a Springfield pistol for his gift, so would not like to spend an arm and a leg, but something around a $10 cigar, or a box under $200 would be nice,  I normally smoke the CAO MX2, but would like to ave a couple extra for my humidor.

Any Ideas?

Thank you all in advance for your help Smile [:)]

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    La Herencia Cubana Dos Capas are pretty nice and they go for around $60 for a bundle of 20; I think Ccom may have them, but you gotta call in to find out since its not listed on the site
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    Hello, and welcome to the forums!

I would suggest, Rocky Patel Dos Capas or Sol Cubano Artisan. The rockys might be harder to find, but Cigar.com may have some kicking around still. Sol Cubanos are on sale for 99.99 for a 5 pack which comes in a presentation box.
    You might want to edit the part of your post which reads : "He is not getting married in the end of May".
    I hope all goes well.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Habano Artisan is a barber pole and they are on here.

the Sol Cubano Artisan is supposed to be a horrilble tasting stick (according to cabinetmaker who has the same taste as me) but they have them in stock.

the CAO America is a barber pole, like you noted.

The one that has been most popular lately has been the La Herencia Cubana Dos Capas. custom made by a blender we love with help from the chief merchant of Cigar.com. good price and good quality.

Felipe Gregorio has some different sticks with 2 wrappers, some with leopard print and some with a barber pole style. you can see pictures of them on cigarinternational.com but don't order them from there. you can get them from Cigar.com and get better service.

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Maybe they are non-weeding gifts and he isnt getting married?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    DSWarmack:
    What kinda gift do you get for a guy who isn't weeding his yard?
  • xmacro:
    DSWarmack:
    What kinda gift do you get for a guy who isn't weeding his yard?
    Hey I'm not getting married and would love some gifts. Does it matter that I am already married?

Just messing with you man. I have never had a b pole so I can't help. Great idea though
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    rjvenema:
    My best friend just got out of the military in August, he was a marine for 6 years.  He is not getting married in the end of May.
    He isn't?
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    asolomon:
    rjvenema:
    My best friend just got out of the military in August, he was a marine for 6 years.  He is not getting married in the end of May.
    He isn't?

Hey not getting married could be a good reason to celebrate.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm not married, nor am I getting married, please send gifts. :D
    Light 'em up.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Hey, wait, I'm surviving marriage....please send gifts.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Hey wait, I like gifts, please send marriage.