Home General Discussion

Fav Unlimited size?

Hey guys. Thinking of getting a box of these and wondered what you thought was the best size. I've had the D5 and D6.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Depends how long I wanna be outside, lol. If I don't wanna come in for a few hours, then d6 or d7; otherwise d5 is a nice manageable size. It should be mentioned I don't like torpedoes of any size, but I love churchills and toro's
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Go for the d.X. I love torpedoes. However, the d5 is also good if you don't wanna smoke another 15 to 30 minutes outside. I'm not much for churchills.
  • I love the D.x
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    To me, the DX tastes the best.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    i cant wait to try the corona
  • The d.5 was a great size but it didn't taste as good as the d.6 in my opinion. If I bought a box it would be the d.6. I remember the d.x being pretty good too.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    wwhwang:
    Go for the d.X. I love torpedoes. However, the d5 is also good if you don't wanna smoke another 15 to 30 minutes outside. I'm not much for churchills.
    +1 here. I'm totally a torpedo guy. Out of the unlimited, I've had the d.x and the d.6. LOVED the d.x and kind of want a box. The d.6 tasted fine, but it just took too long to smoke for me.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    D.5, not considering smoking time I just like the smaller ring gauges to get maximum wrapper flavor.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    sol1821:
    i cant wait to try the corona
    +1 to this!! I'm going to try to fight temptation and hold onto them for 6 weeks minimum before I light any up, but the Diesel Unlimited will be one of the first ones I light up!
  • GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    wwhwang:
    +100 on that. I've found the d.X's settle down the quickest as well, and that great "baked bread" flavor and aroma really shines in that vitola. The d.5's I have seem to have taken a while to settle down, don't know what's up with that.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    D7 I love the size and binder to filer ratio. Plus if I only want a shorter smoke it works great as a cut it in half stick too.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no bad sizes in the Unlimited. I love them all. I guess it does boil down to how much time you have to smoke at a particular point, but seriously, the Unlimited is great and one of my all time favorites.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    d.5..... I'm personally holding out for the corona vitola to come out in box form. But if I were in the market, I'd get the d.5.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Maybe I'm the only person that wasn't impressed.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I bought a box of d.5s. Which is about 1.5hr smoke for me. Perfect.

"Long ashes my friends."

• mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Well, I tried the d.x and really liked it and went to buy a box and they were out. I ended up buying 10 of the d.7s and was a little disappointed when I smoked one last night. It wasn’t a bad smoke but it seemed to be a little more work than I'm used to (maybe cuz the length and the gauge). I recommend that you try the d.7 before you buy a box of them. I'm actually placing an order for a box of d.x's today.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Agree with Krieg. D.5 is my favorite vitola. Recently, I've been having beef with the torpedo vitola on pretty much any cigar. I think I've gone through 3 boxes of D.5's, they really are a fantastic cigar, pairs well with everything too.