Home General Discussion

The Chicago Code and fake Cubans ???

So I was watching the latest episode of The Chicago Code tonight and it was at the part where Aldermen Gibbons offers the guy in his office a cigar. He reaches into a box of Cuban Cohibas to pull one out and I noticed the class top on the box.... Now correct me if I am wrong but Cohiba never released a glass topped box of Cubans.... In fact this is one of the counterfeits going around.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Meh, I chalk it up to typical hollywood ignorance; ever notice that whenever someone fires a gun, even if it's a .45, there's never any recoil
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Haha this has been mentioned on a few forums over the last week. Pretty funny.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    Now correct me if I am wrong but Cohiba never released a glass topped box of Cubans.... In fact this is one of the counterfeits going around.
    never had a glass top box.

when i was in nicaragua we stopped into a few of the local shops and a few of them had these glass top Cohibas. these things are everywhere.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    I heard that a lot of the fake Cohibas or even most Cuban fakes overall come from Cuba.
    I know one thing, if I was to buy cubans and I wasn't in a La Casa del Habano store, I would play it safe and steer clear of any Cohiba Esplendidos as well as anything Montecristo.

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    Yeah, ended up with some fake Cohiba's when I went to the Dominican almost 2 years ago now. The glass tops are a sure sign of fakes. The guy in the shop got me though by giving me a real Cohiba to smoke, and then sold me the fake ones. It is quite the racket in Cuba and the Dominican, and I keep hearing about other people that buy them in Europe and they are fake there too.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    RoyalCigars:
    I heard that a lot of the fake Cohibas or even most Cuban fakes overall come from Cuba.
    Some of them, sure. But then there are those rolled with newspaper and dog poop. Worth the risk? Not to me...
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yes one must be careful when smoking a Cuban.... No one wants a mouth full of dog poop
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started on this show!!!!!

It's only appropriate that this "fake" show has a scene with "fake" Cubans. This show is crap and makes Chicago look like a podunk town full of ignorant rubes. After hearing some of the accents, I couldn't tell if it was about Boston or Minnesota..... They need to fire their script writers, dialect coach and their police "consultant" and start from scratch.

The Irish Mob run by a corrupt downtown black alderman????

Who writes this sh*t????
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • lilwing88:

It's only appropriate that this "fake" show has a scene with "fake" Cubans. This show is crap and makes Chicago look like a podunk town full of ignorant rubes. After hearing some of the accents, I couldn't tell if it was about Boston or Minnesota..... They need to fire their script writers, dialect coach and their police "consultant" and start from scratch.

Who writes this sh*t????
    Same people who done the sheild I think. Haven't seen this, but I did like the sheild (don't think much of that was true to life, but sure was good to watch).
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    lilwing88:

Who writes this sh*t????
    Could be worse...."Parks and Recreation" could be based on your home town... :/
    The show is amusing. I'll keep watching it
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    The show is amusing. I'll keep watching it
    Brett, if you want, I can send you some glass top Cohiba's to enjoy while watching.
    Todd I would really love that ! I could always trade them off to the Newbs for some Swishers
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I actually enjoy the show....hope they don't cancel it
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    xmacro:
    Meh, I chalk it up to typical hollywood ignorance; ever notice that whenever someone fires a gun, even if it's a .45, there's never any recoil
    I get your point xmacro about hollywood and not having to ever reload a gun etc. For the arguement sake of things a .45 cal. can actually have less of a recoil then a smaller cal. weapon. It would all depend on the load of the round, which weapon you are talking about, etc. Once again I understand the point you were trying to make but if I hadn't experienced it myself I would not have believed that a .45 would actually have less recoil then another weapon I have been shooting for a long time. ;)
  • poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    Yes, a .45 has much less recoil than a .40 S&W or .357 SIG for instance. Both of those shoot much hotter rounds than the .45 is loaded for. Darn it, now you got me in the mood for shooting, which is even more expensive than the cigars I smoke :P