Home Cigar 101
Options

The age of a cigar?

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
I know a lot has been written as to the ages of the tobaccos and boxing dates and purchase year and such. I was wondering about the age of single cigars that come without packaging. For instance, a single cigar from one of Ccom's samplers. What is the typical shelf life at Ccom? CI? B&Ms? Is it possible to find gems resting in old humidors selling at yesterday/s prices? Is an old cigar sitting in a humi aged? Or is it just an old cigar?

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I think shelf age on singles ordered from Ccom will depend on how popular the cigar is. It's easier to tell from a B&M because you can see the box date, plus the owner would probably have a good idea of how long their product has been on the shelves.
  • Options
    I bought a box of Pinar Del Rio Classico's from the box bedlam, and it had a sticker that said 2007/2008 production, so those were sitting around for a few years. I've also purchased cigars that had yellow cellophane because of how old they were. But I would think that any popular cigar will have a short shelf life.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you call up cigar.com and ask when you make your purchase they may be able to tell you. i know they have great inventory software. even if they cant, the worst case is you know as much as you do now. it never hurts to ask.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you call up cigar.com and ask when you make your purchase they may be able to tell you. i know they have great inventory software. even if they cant, the worst case is you know as much as you do now. it never hurts to ask.
    beatnic:
    Is an old cigar sitting in a humi aged? Or is it just an old cigar?
    it depends on if it was kept up on or not.