Home Cigar 101

The new kid in town

I have very recently discovered this box that I throw all my money into. The current favorite is the 5 vegas triple A, but I am always looking for suggestions in similar flavor styles. Another lovable stick is Gurkha's black dragon. Advice from more seasoned members would be very much appreciated. Happy Smoking

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! My first advice is buy a bigger box to throw your money in 'cause you'll need it around these parts! Lots of great people with great advice hanging around so enjoy it!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Gurkha Black Dragon fan, too. Also a bit of a noob.
    Light 'em up.
  • skweekz:
    Welcome! My first advice is buy a bigger box to throw your money in 'cause you'll need it around these parts! Lots of great people with great advice hanging around so enjoy it!

that box has enough room for about 70-80 deposits, as well as a smaller one for those infused gems that everybody says keep the heck away from your regulars.

• mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Welcome to the Forum
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    New here myself. Try the "Best of 2010 Full" samplers. Get 2 each of MOW Ruination, Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro and Joya de Nicaragua, all excellent. Also try a 5-Vegas Cask II, very tasty.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    New here myself. Try the "Best of 2010 Full" samplers. Get 2 each of MOW Ruination, Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro and Joya de Nicaragua, all excellent. Also try a 5-Vegas Cask II, very tasty.
    Welcome to you, and I second that Cask Strength II recommendation.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the madness
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I would say give the Oliva serie V belicoso a whirl. Great cigar and the Triple-A reminded me of it (though that may just be me)
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Can't go wrong with Diesel (I'm partial to the Unlimited line), and the entire Man O' War line
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. As the others have said, get a bigger box and a second job!
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I'm a newer non-noob here, and let me tell you... Every last one of these bastards is crazy! They give you suggestions and a wealth of knowledge, then you work out a trade and they send you some stick you've never heard of. You smoke it and you fall in love with it, then you look it up and scream Holy F****ng S**T this is way outside of the arranged price for this trade! None of them can count either.

All kidding aside; you've stumbled into one of (according to some) if not the very best (according to me) forums. This is a great group of guys and your time here is like sitting in a class room amongst the best teachers, it doesnt even feel like learning!