Home Cigar 101

Draw poker?

DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
I ordered one a while back, because some of the sticks over here, mainly the cohibas, have a pretty tight draw. I try not to use it on my cigars if I can help it, but have used it once or twice. With the amount of money it saves so that people arent wasting the few decent cigars we have here, it seems to have been a good investment. Any reason not to use one? Any purist theories?

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Paper clip works for me, or if you're patient, throw it back in the humi and decrease the RH
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I use a pipe-cleaner with the fuzz burned off. Has enough texture to it to break up knots.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    when i have this problem I use a match stick. According to history this is how Winston Churchill would punch his cigars.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    I think he was more asking if people thought whether you should or shouldn't use a poker and why. I personally see no problem with using a poker as long as you don't go through the wrapper!

And also, I use a worm threader I bought from walmart for a dollar. Of course, I've never threaded a worm with it :-P
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I typically stick to Texas Holdem but occasionally I'll play a hand of 5 card draw. I hope this clears up any questions you had and feel free to pm me for any help you may need in the future! ;-)
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    You poker, you brough 'er. :D
    Light 'em up.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    With the amount of money it saves so that people arent wasting the few decent cigars we have here, it seems to have been a good investment. Any reason not to use one? Any purist theories?

I can't think of any reason not to use one, but then, I'm no purist, either. I made mine out of a piece of coat-hanger wire - smallest diameter I could find - and I don't hesitate to use it when necessary. I couldn't see paying the asking price for one. (I'm no purist but I AM a tightwad)

With hand-mades, you're naturally going to find one now and then that needs poking. Lots of times you only need to go in a couple inches to get through the obstruction.

Marty

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Lots of times you only need to go in a couple inches to get through the obstruction.
    Do I even have to say it...?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aawww, man......you bad.

Marty