Home Cigar 101

? Cedar wrappers?

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Just curious. Any uses for the veneer cedar wrappers?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I like to save them and when I smoke a special occasion cigar I'll tear the cedar into strips and use it to light my cigar. Seems to give a slow cool light that makes for better flavor for the first few puffs.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    beatnic:
    Just curious. Any uses for the veneer cedar wrappers?
    Lighting cigars. Also, they smell nice on their own when burned...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +3. The first time I went to the Blarney Stone Cigar bar in Myrtle Beach, the bartendress lit my cigar with cedar strips. I've done it a couple of times since then, and I too like the smell of it.

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I like to spread them out or smash them flat and leave them in the herfador. Makes that initial whiff even better when I open it up for a smoke.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The Sniper:
    I like to spread them out or smash them flat and leave them in the herfador. Makes that initial whiff even better when I open it up for a smoke.

My Herfador is also full of cedar wrappers and spills. Love them. If I could, I would burn them all the time in my place.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

My father in law got me this little cigar carying case (I guess that'w what you'd call it - it's not really a herfador) - it's like a nylon type material with a velco closure. Not too practical, but i use it occasionally and do the same thing as sniper - i line the bottom of it with flattened cedar sleeves for aroma and a vain hope that they somehow help it hold a little humidity.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I make them in to voodoo dolls
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Awesome. Cigar Art. You have to admit that certain labels and bands are beautiful works of art.
  • ok sorry to jump on this thread but how do you light a cigar with cedar strips?
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    light 1 end use like a long match
  • sounds easy enough have to try it next time
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I folded one and lit a cigar. The flame was a bit unwieldy and it had an odd odor upon snuffing it out. I'll stick to matches.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    The Sniper:

My Herfador is also full of cedar wrappers and spills. Love them. If I could, I would burn them all the time in my place.
    +2. My Xikar herfador has cedar wraps inside and Cigar stickers outside. :)

Oh and when I am travelling its been known to have cigars in it too.