Home Non Cigar Related

Thank you.

A big thank you to everyone who sponsered me running the tough mudder today in atlanta. We raised a good amount of money for the wounded warrior program.

On a side note the TM was one of the hardest things I have ever done. First the course was 10 miles, then it went to 11, after the run today they said they had made a mistake and it was over 15 miles. Doesnt sound like much ( I run marathons) But that 15 linear (sp) miles was up and down a 600 ft small mountian for 8 miles. and not your gental slops it was 4 wheeler tracks. On top of the ice filled water pits, fire runs, log carries and 12 foot walls to scale to name a few.
Time for bed. Thanks again.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job, my friend. I'm impressed.

Marty

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I saw pictures of the obstacles on facebook, that ish looked intense! Well done, brother! I'm actually looking at getting in on the fun as soon as I feel I'm ready (wont be for a LONG while though.) How was the fire run?!
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    ejenne87:
    I saw pictures of the obstacles on facebook, that ish looked intense! Well done, brother! I'm actually looking at getting in on the fun as soon as I feel I'm ready (wont be for a LONG while though.) How was the fire run?!
    The fire run was nothing. The hard part on this one was the miles of mountian running. The up and down for miles just drains you. By the time I got to the last mile I was running on empty and walking most of the last mile.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    From my limited understanding, the goal is very personal, and to finish, rather than timed...which it sounds like you did, so congratulations! I looked at the events, and wow!!!!!!!!! They have one coming up in Toronto, but I don't think I am in any shape to even consider it :( Anyway, well done
    Yeah they really push the not finishing fast but as part of a team. I spent a good 20-30mins after I cleared one of walls going back and helping people behind up and over. It was def punishing. If fact I have told my wife not to let me sign up for another one untill I am total fit. A bunch of people where on the side of the course getting IV's and knees getting worked on.

If it wasn't for the cardio and endurance work I've done before I would never had made it. the amount of weight you can lift doesn't matter as how much pain you can deal with and how much stamina you have.

I would say plan on doing one, but have a good 9 months to work on it with lots of trail running.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Congrats on finishing this thing Ross! One hell of an achievement for sure, and for a damn good cause to boot.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Way to go! I've been kinda eyeballing that race ever since you mentioned it. I know I won't be in shape for it any time soon, but it's something I will likely seriously consider come next year.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Guys I just signed up for another one of these on Dec 4th in Florida. If anyone here wants to jump on the team send me a PM.