Home Ratings & Reviews

MOW Puro

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
What do you guys think of this one? I smoked one ROTT - very nice cigar. It's smooth, and quite tasty - a great cigar to smoke while kicking around the yard or relaxing on the porch. Strength is around medium; if it were larger, it'd probably be a full-strength cigar easily.

It's probably gonna be in my regular rotation, but I'm hesitant on the price - it's a great cigar, and if the price were cut in half I'd order 10 boxes and devote an entire humi to them. So far I dunno - it's a great cigar, but I'm not sure it's worth $60 for 10 corona's

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Great no BS review. Thank you sir.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Love this little firecracker...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I like it a lot. It's what I hoped the Armada would be like. Spice with a little sweetness both in flavor and aroma. Somewhere around med-full, maybe even full bodied. I feel like the price is about right. Though I'm not a big fan of the size, if AJ says that's the way it tastes best then I'm inclined to believe him.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this stick. So far I've made it through 3/4 of a box just in 2 days here in Vegas along with the others I've had. I love it ROTT but think that it will age well.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    There is a lot of hype about this cigar and I am tempted to buy some, but in Ccom's description, it says that they are a spicy firecracker. I don't like peppery cigars. Are these black peppery/ hot spicy or are they more cinnanon/ nutmeg type spice. Help?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    I love this stick. So far I've made it through 3/4 of a box just in 2 days here in Vegas along with the others I've had. I love it ROTT but think that it will age well.
    If you can manage to age any. I've gone through both boxes from my original order and am working on a third. I can't keep my hands off.
  • Bishop88Bishop88 Posts: 13

bigjohn125:
    There is a lot of hype about this cigar and I am tempted to buy some, but in Ccom's description, it says that they are a spicy firecracker. I don't like peppery cigars. Are these black peppery/ hot spicy or are they more cinnanon/ nutmeg type spice. Help?

There is a definite white pepperish flavor in there, but by no means overbearing.  It's almost an afterthought as you enjoy the other complexities to the flavor.  As others have mentioned, I'm also not a huge fan of the size, but it does pack the flavor of a larger cigar in there, with an easy 30 minute burn on the stick ROTT.  If you've already considered it, you might as well jump on it, after all you are only committing to 10 in a box, and if they don't suit you I'm sure you could easily find someone willing to swap you for something.  :-]

I had my Second Puro just yesterday and have to say....Double wow!! I'm going to have to buy another box, 10 will no longer be enough; my #1 go to stick.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just want to point out that if it were larger (ie, larger ring gauge) it would actually probably be LESS strong.
    docbp87:
    Just want to point out that if it were larger (ie, larger ring gauge) it would actually probably be LESS strong.
    Agreed, but this size really does it for me give my time restrictions for quite time. Wife and two small kids makes it very difficult..
    The Puro is about 45 minutes which works out well for me when I come home from work around 830/900 pm. Plus, this firecracker has pop.

I ordered a box of the Ccom Brazilians in the Corona size, nice stick, smooth, consistant but not over the time. It took about 1 hour and 20 minutes to finish it. It was worth the small amount I paid for the box.

I save the bigger sticks for my off days.
  • tjptjp Posts: 26
    just recieved the 10 box, sitting in the humi resting for a bit, maybe this weekend ill try one out, got it for 45 shipped, not too bad, hopefully im in for a treat
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved this cigar. I need to buy another box!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    tjp:
    just recieved the 10 box, sitting in the humi resting for a bit, maybe this weekend ill try one out, got it for 45 shipped, not too bad, hopefully im in for a treat
    $45 shipped? How'd you do that?