Home Ratings & Reviews

My 1st Ave Marie and review

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
Today I had my first Ave Maria and it was everything Ccom says it is. I usually don't pay much attention to what I am smoking as far as the in depth flavors and aroma but with this one I found myself not only paying attention but also being taken back in time.

Before lighting it the aroma from the foot and the entire cigar was wonderful, not to strong or to weak. While toasting it the aroma had a lite sweetness to it. The draw was perfect for me, it was easy but with a little resistance, which I like. Right off the bat I got the taste of the spices, more like a peppery taste which in itself was pleasant.The burn was even from start to finish. I removed the band because I didn't want it to end and Ii am glad I did.

I am sure all of us at one time have had a memory spurred from the smell of food or a certain song. With cigars I have never had this happen until today and it happened when I finally blew a little through my nose. I was gladly reminded of my time in England at the base I was stationed at in 77. I could see myself sitting in the big leather chair up in the breakroom with all the different smells of pipes, cigars, tea and coffee with everyone just having a good time relaxing.

Maybe this review sounds a bit crazy or korny to some but for me it has been a long time since I have had an experience like this with anything I have done let alone with a cigar. This one will find a permanent place in my humidor. I just wonder with time to age if the experience will intensify.

Comments

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Sounds like you have definitly found something to keep in your humidor. There are a few fall back smokes for me but I'm still looking for that one special line of cigars. Ones that I would buy box after box. The Ave Maria sounds like it was a great smoke! I can't wait to get my 2!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Jr you will not be disappointed. I know this one I will have no problem buying box after box of
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    MTuccelli:
    I am sure all of us at one time have had a memory spurred from the smell of food or a certain song. With cigars I have never had this happen until today and it happened when I finally blew a little through my nose. I was gladly reminded of my time in England at the base I was stationed at in 77. I could see myself sitting in the big leather chair up in the breakroom with all the different smells of pipes, cigars, tea and coffee with everyone just having a good time relaxing.

Maybe this review sounds a bit crazy or korny to some but for me it has been a long time since I have had an experience like this with anything I have done let alone with a cigar.
    Nothing corny or crazy about it Michael. In fact, I think you just summed up a good bit of all that is best about this hobby. Well done sir, and glad you found a winner! :-)

The Sniper:
    MTuccelli:

Maybe this review sounds a bit crazy or korny to some but for me it has been a long time since I have had an experience like this with anything I have done let alone with a cigar.
    Nothing corny or crazy about it Michael. In fact, I think you just summed up a good bit of all that is best about this hobby. Well done sir, and glad you found a winner! :-)

Thanks Sniper, you are absolutely right. This hobby will throw you a curve when you are expecting a fastball. I was sharing my thoughts with a friend about this cigar. He was like "man that must of been something special". All I could tell him was that it made up for 2 bad marriages.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good, which Ave Maria was it?
    Light 'em up.
    JCizzle:
    It was the Barbarossa 7 x 48, I usually prefer a rg of 52 and higher. I see that Ccom is offering them with an upgrade. So I pulled the trigger on the Holy Grail 7.1 x 58 and upgraded to get the 3 free special editions and lighter. I am sure this larger rg will smoke just as sweet.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    JCizzle:
    It was the Barbarossa 7 x 48, I usually prefer a rg of 52 and higher. I see that Ccom is offering them with an upgrade. So I pulled the trigger on the Holy Grail 7.1 x 58 and upgraded to get the 3 free special editions and lighter. I am sure this larger rg will smoke just as sweet.
    Yeah I've been eyeing those as well, I can't wait to try one for myself.
    Light 'em up.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I also loved this cigar. I had it in the torpedo and was floored. I really don't think age will do much to it, maybe a little. All in all, I think these are fantastic ROTT and I will probably end up buying a box as well.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Awww man! That Ave Maria is something else!! Thats a grand-slam in the bottom of the 9th to win the game! The winning field goal in overtime. Here is my 2 cents... I received the Barbossa stick in the 2010 Medium Awards Sampler. Great buy by the way. So I received two of these Spectacular stogies. It was an easy light and toasted right up. Great draw from start to finish. Construction was right on, although I accidently tore a piece of the wrapper about 3/4 of the way up on the way out the door. It did cause a slight imbalance on the burn but she recovered beautifully right after the little tear. Creamy, full flavor throughout the entire stick. Lots of thick tasty smoke to the end. I'm not savy with the taste description such as cedar, pepper or nutmeg but I can assure you...just as i was...you will not be disappointed. So smoke-up fellas! Buy a box! I know I will. The Ave Maria is such a Champion smoke, that I'll be saving my 2nd stick for the Change Over. Thats where the next unit takes over operations. It will be saved for my Victory smoke. Another end to a tough deployment, wrapped up with a Superior cigar!