Home Cigar 101

Bugatti Lighter Warranty question

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
I have recently just started to punch my cigars. I have the bugatti B-1 lighter and got it from ccom last year in March. I've used this punch about 10 times maybe...what happens is that the punch part pushes in, and I cant really punch my cigars. Do I contact ccom for any warranty or who? I know I cant contact Bugatti, I mean its just a name stamped on it...

Also, the other thing I dont like about it that when I'm using the larger punch on this ligher, the smaller punch rubs up against the cigar and hits the wrapper as well. Anyone have this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have no info on the Warranty of that thing but i do have to say that i love the lighter.

as far as the punch goes it may as well not have one. the damn things are so close together that they are useless. love the lighter, hate the punch on it.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Well good, I'm not the only one! Maybe I should just invest in a punch cutter on a key ring and not use this one. I would still like to have this one fixed though...
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this lighter as well..have had my since xmas. I have used the punch maybe a handful of times..but i do agree the damn holes are too close.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    +1 Love the lighter...never use the punch....
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Hawk55:
    +1 Love the lighter...never use the punch....

+1 I love it and hate the punch. My solution? The "Rivet" Cigar punch, three sizes, on your keychain... AWESOME
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    kuzi16:
    i have no info on the Warranty of that thing but i do have to say that i love the lighter.

as far as the punch goes it may as well not have one. the damn things are so close together that they are useless. love the lighter, hate the punch on it.

+ 1.... use a 3o 6 Bullet casing sanded down to sharp edges THE BOMB!
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I had the same problem on the punches being too close together, since I never use the smaller one, i just drilled it out, problem solved
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Well good, I'm not the only one! Maybe I should just invest in a punch cutter on a key ring and not use this one.
    Exactly. Get a good punch (Especially if you're going to punch a lot).
    KCW:
    zeebra:
    Well good, I'm not the only one! Maybe I should just invest in a punch cutter on a key ring and not use this one.
    i used to punch everything but now i cut with a double guillotine. ever since i got the Xikar cutter that is all i use. i guess i never had a quality cutter before then.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    zeebra:
    i used to punch everything but now i cut with a double guillotine. ever since i got the Xikar cutter that is all i use. i guess i never had a quality cutter before then.
    same here, love my Xikar. which one do u have?

"Long ashes my friends."

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    zeebra:
    Same deal here. Nothing worse than using a crappy cutter. I only punch larger rings nowadays. (My neighbor still uses his teeth.)
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    zeebra:
    same here, love my Xikar. which one do u have?
    XI2 in bloodstone. im thinking of jumping up to the XI3 but only because the carbon fiber one looks BA.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the lighter and love the punch. I did have problems with the other punch rubbing but now I just hold it at a bit of an angle and it doesn't touch. Still gets a good punch and problem solved.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Love the lighter... I have never, ever punched a cigar (I should at least TRY it) and I use a Palio cutter... frikkin' love that thing!