Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel

I know that there are varying opinions about Rocky's cigars, but that aside, has anyone else noticed that you very rarely see him smoking? Most interviews I have seen he just holds the cigar.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've met Rocky quite a few times, and everytime I've seen him he was smoking a Decade or a 15th Anniv.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bobdbobd Posts: 71
    Ok maybe I was wrong. Either way I do enjoy his cigars.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    lcpleel:
    Photoshop....Big Smile [:D]
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    j0z3r:
    lcpleel:
    Photoshop....Big Smile [:D]
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    He was smoking at the RP/Nording event I went to last year, I believe when I met him he was actually smoking a Nording.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw him last weekend he was smoking a Decade. I wasn't real thrilled with his personality though. I thought he was a bit dull. He seemed a lot more interested in pushing his products than connecting with his fans. Not impressed.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    clearlysuspect:
    When I saw him last weekend he was smoking a Decade. I wasn't real thrilled with his personality though. I thought he was a bit dull. He seemed a lot more interested in pushing his products than connecting with his fans. Not impressed.
    How was that btw? I got stuck at work.

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    +1....I absolutely agree, he was very stand-offish at the event I met him at as well. Eric Nording was way more personable.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    clearlysuspect:

Hes not like AJ or some of the more "labor of love" guys, hes more of a hansotia...a salesman, just how it is.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    clearlysuspect:
    +1....I absolutely agree, he was very stand-offish at the event I met him at as well. Eric Nording was way more personable.
    Man...I don't know...maybe one of u guys pissed him off?? lol...jk....last time I saw him he gave me some free RP Bros Torpedoes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vidarien:
    clearlysuspect:

Hes not like AJ or some of the more "labor of love" guys, hes more of a hansotia...a salesman, just how it is.
    but AJ doent try to connect witht he fans that much. there is a language barrier there. he is also very soft spoken in crowds.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I have met Rocky several times. He is always smoking. One time he dropped by a Gurkha event, and smoked a Gurkha. He will talk with fans, but is a reserved personality.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    clearlysuspect:
    How was that btw? I got stuck at work.

The event went pretty well. The best part, my buddy Mark and I both thought, were the jazz musicians who were playing. Those guys rocked. There were a ton of people there, all very friendly. Jeff's ventilation certainly isn't equipped for that many cigars but overall it was a good time.

I don't really get why someone would just try to push product at an event like this. The store carries everything you make, hundreds of people showed up to purchase multiple boxes, everyone already showed up because they love your product. The product is already sold. Why be so pushy?