Home Cigar 101
Options

El Mejor Emerald - why so different?

I had two of these, About a month ago I smoked one in the garage and it was OK. Today while working on the boat I decided to have the second. When I stareted smoking it was terrible. At one point I looked to see if the filler had fallen out because it felt like nothing was there and it had a chemical taste. I assume that I got a bad stick, but is this common to have such extremes? My other thought was that I have been smoking Vegas A and La gloria Cubana R series, so maybe my taste has just changed.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dont take this as an insult but...
    it could have been you, not the cigar. if the pH in your mouth was different when you smoked your last one then could do it.

or maybe you are right and you got a bad stick or your taste changed. there are many factors and i cant be sure. just dont rule out that cigar in the future.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have always liked the El Mejor (the Espresso moreso than the Emerald, but the Emerald is still a solid smoke IMO) line, and it sounds like you just got a bad stick. I had a 5-pack of Camacho Selects once that tasted like vomit. Seriously, I only made it about 4 or 5 draws into the first one and tossed it. The second one I did manage to suffer through an inch before I tossed it. Every Select I have had since those has been a good cigar, so yeah, when you get a bad stick, it can be really, really bad.