Home Cigar 101

Box of Cigars?

So, I'm sure there's an obvious answer to this, but what do you normally do if you buy a box of cigars... do you put the whole box in your humidor?  If you have a 150 ct and it doesn't fit, is the only option to take them all out of the box?  Does the box offer any protection/humidity on it's own?

Thanks!

Matt

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Well I usually try to put most in the humi but since I don't have one that will fit whole boxes (yet) I just put what I can in the humi then throw a humi pack in the box with the rest, or you could take the cigars and put them in a tuppador. If you plan on getting several boxes, then you might want to get a large humi that will hold whole boxes.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my humidor is way to full to fit an entire box inside of it.... i dont even think i could cram just the cigars in.

if your humidor is big enough i would say put the entire thing in, box and all. its a nice way to organize and age. if you cant fit the box it just put the cigars in. If you cant fit even the cigars... well, better buy some tupperware.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The boxes I've bought recently, I've put into the coolerdor, box and all.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I need a coolerdor...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    They really are darn handy, Tumbler.