Home Non Cigar Related

Update on (what may as well be my sister-in-law)

I always call her my Girlfriends Sister, but ive been part of the family for over 6 years now... so she may as well be my sister-in-law :)

Some of you may remember, back in November Stacy, my sister-in-law, was diagnosed with Bone cancer at the age of 25. Its been a rough few months to say the least. Much of my energy and time have gone to supporting the family in any way I can. Well, today is the big day. Full hip, femur, knee replacement, and partial tibia replacement. Should get rid of all the cancer, as well as any chance of it coming back in the femur where it started.

Surgery started around 7AM central time, was going very well as of 11. Should be a few more hours.

Gonna need a smoke and a drink when this is all over tonite.

Comments

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Best wishes and prayers coming your way.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thoughts and prayers for the lady. I have a friend with bone cancer and her Dr. gave her roughly 5 years - but that was a couple years ago.

Anyway, all the best for your lady's sister.

Marty

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying for a full recovery man.
    One God, One Truth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I hope the surgery goes well and she gets a clean bill of health. She has a long road of PT ahead of her but I'm sure she'll do fine.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Blessings and prayers to her for a full recovery cancer free
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Hope things turn out will for everyone!
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers from PdC!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    May the Force be with her.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    7.5 hrs in, and still going well. Long haul of an operation. Her doctors are a team of rock stars, as is her family!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Surgery done! no muscle or nerves taken out of her back (which they though they may need to do), she will have a minimal limp (less than they thought). Shes doing well in recovery!!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Prayers answered, keep us posted
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Prayers and good thoughts your way. Sounds like she pulled through great - awesome news. Hope everything continues to go well. And kudos to you for being there for your loved ones.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear the great news!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will pray for her
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I wish her a speedy recovery.
    Light 'em up.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Surgery done! no muscle or nerves taken out of her back (which they though they may need to do), she will have a minimal limp (less than they thought). Shes doing well in recovery!!
    That is fantastic news, the prayers are working.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    This is outstanding news about the surgery, continued prayers for all
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Not sure how I missed this but prayers are sent from Ohio. It's great to hear that they were able to contain it. Please keep us updated.