Home Ratings & Reviews

noob..got questions

Have heard/read mixed reviews on Gurkas.  I have ordered the empire selection.  Are they decent?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Decent, yes. Don't know that I'd say much more for them, but they are decent.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've had a coupe of the Empires. They are ok. The three Gurkhas I like/recommend are the Centurion, Regent, and Legend.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha makes something for everyone. There's going to be some you love, some you hate, and some in between. I would suggest the Symphony, Ninja, Viper, Black Dragon, Centurian, Legend, Beauty, and Assassin.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    My 2 favorite Empire sticks are IV and VI they are fantastic. I tried to like the III but the 2 I had were very hard to draw. I agree with Wayne on his suggestions, but I would add Evil to the list and Park Ave Maduro.
    Welcome aboard.
  • adrosadros Posts: 216
    Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate all the advice.  It's nice to have people that can point you in the right direction.  Hope I can return the favor oneday. Peace
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    My 2 favorite Empire sticks are IV and VI they are fantastic. I tried to like the III but the 2 I had were very hard to draw. I agree with Wayne on his suggestions, but I would add Evil to the list and Park Ave Maduro.
    Welcome aboard.
    I've never been a big Gurkha fan (and I don't care to explore all their different blends - too many to keep up with), but I've always liked the Park Ave as an inexpensive go to mild connie. So how does the Maduro compare to the connie? I have a couple resting but haven't tried one yet.
  • I'm a noob too but I really did enjoy the Beauty I had a few weeks ago. Its a monster and with the guerilla warfare its a great price too.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    adros:
    Have heard/read mixed reviews on Gurkas.  I have ordered the empire selection.  Are they decent?
    I'm pretty new to this, too, but Gurkha makes a ton of stuff, so it's kind of hard to get a general idea of just "Gurkhas." Two of my favorites are the Black Dragon robusto and the Centurian.
    Light 'em up.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I think the Empire VI was an excellent smoke.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Welcome aboard.
    I've never been a big Gurkha fan (and I don't care to explore all their different blends - too many to keep up with), but I've always liked the Park Ave as an inexpensive go to mild connie. So how does the Maduro compare to the connie? I have a couple resting but haven't tried one yet.
    The creaminess and bread-like flavors of the connie are gone and replaced by a coffee-like note with a hint of sweetness on the finish. The toastiness still remains.
    alienmisprint:
    I think the Empire VI was an excellent smoke.
    +1
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Thanks John. Looking forward to trying one...still giving them a little more rest though