Home Ratings & Reviews

gurkah empire I

This was my first Gurkha ever. I ordered the empire sampler. After reading reviews of other gurkahs I was nervous. I had some draw issues and issues with it staying lit. However it wasn't bad IMO. Is this typical of Gurkha lines? Of the past 3 sticks I've had two have been bunk sticks with lots of issues. And hey maybe it's me. I am pretty new at this. Maybe I need to read a book.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    sometimes cigars are just bad sticks bro..i had perdomo, pepin, rocky, cao all go bad....including gurkha....but, my very first box purchase was a empire 1.....the cigar is really really good. i enjoyed them a lot and still have one left! lol
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Gurkha Cigars are over rated and very few are worth a damn in my opinion.... well in the opinion of alot of guys i know.... money is spent much better with other cigars!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the first empire 1, however out of the rest of the 5er I had, I never had the same experience. I've had, probably overall the most draw issues with gurkha's than any other brand, however I must add I've had a lot more gurkha's than other brands. Mainly because I've tried almost all of them. I do have to say that I've had really good luck with the dragon line. But yeah, gurkha in my opinion use to have some good cigars, like the titan, beauty, beast and some of their cognac cigars but mostly I've been un-impressed by their newer stuff. I do really like the green/red dragons though.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have yet to find an Empire series I like. Now the Blue Steel, that is my kind of stick
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Now the Blue Steel, that is my kind of stick
    Agreed, great blend.