Home Cigar 101

What to do??

So one of my clients brought me back two boxes of cigars from Mexico. They feel extremely dry to the touch and upon smoking one it was possibly the worst smokes I've ever had.

These are some cigars that I would definitely like to try out, but can they be brought back to life? How do I go about this process?

Thanks
Scott

Comments

• Try storing them in a properly seasoned and humidified humidor for a few months then give one a shot. Thats all I can think of.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Don't throw them into a 70% RH environment, you should graduate them up in humidity over a course of months. Start low, 60% ought to do and leave them at that for 3-4 weeks, after that it would probably be fine to graduate them up to 65% and leave them there to stabilize for 6-8 weeks.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    That should make them very happy..
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I have tried this...didn't work out so well. Depending on how long they have been dried out may not be worth it. Once they are dry they lose flavor. It may be worth a try but don't expect much freom them.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Cigars are just too damn picky; these cigars of yours must have really been through the ringer, I have some cigars that have been in their box for about a year with no humi packs or anything and they are still smoke-able. Just waiting to put them in a "infused only" humi.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    all of you have the right answer so far.

i would like to add...
    though they do change a lot if they dray out, they may not be to bad. I had a CAO black that was out of a humidor fo 3 months then put back in one for a year and it wasnt bad.

if the RH in the air is around 50% or so id just throw em in the bottom of the humidor and let em sit for at least 6 months.

worst case is they suck and when you throw them out youll have a bunch of new found room.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Are they just dry, or have they cracked? You can always use them as tinder for your fireplace.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Agree with most but just to share my experience...

I had a 5 pack of Punch Magnums that were left in a drawer for a few months. I smoke these pretty regularly and like 'em so I figured I would try and save them. I threw them in the humi (67%) and left them there for a full year. They came back pretty nicely. I don't notice that much difference from a fresh one.