Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje La Verite Vintage 2008?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Noticed these in the aging room, are they worth $20 a stick?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Honestly? No.

I've had the 2008 in the robusto size. While it was a very good smoke, I wouldn't put a $20 price tag on it. It's med bodied with some nice notes of cedar and cream. Definitely a departure from Pete's more popular full bodied smokes.

However, due to the limited release, this is a rarity.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    $20 is really high. It's an amazing cigar IMO.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    You will have a PM in 1 minute Alien.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Honestly? No.

I've had the 2008 in the robusto size. While it was a very good smoke, I wouldn't put a $20 price tag on it. It's med bodied with some nice notes of cedar and cream. Definitely a departure from Pete's more popular full bodied smokes.

One thing I wanted to mention in regards to your post Marty. There are two different blends released, La Verite is the flagship blend and comes in a churchill size, the other one, I forget the full name, but it's something like Espirit La Verite or something and is like a little brother to La Verite. I too have smoked one of the 2008 robustos and found it nice but nothing I'd go out of my way for, but don't confuse it with the one in the cigar.com aging room as they are different cigars.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    good point. I have yet to have any of these guys. Been wanting to try either. But I've heard the church hill is better.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    lilwing88:
    Honestly? No.

One thing I wanted to mention in regards to your post Marty. There are two different blends released, La Verite is the flagship blend and comes in a churchill size, the other one, I forget the full name, but it's something like Espirit La Verite or something and is like a little brother to La Verite. I too have smoked one of the 2008 robustos and found it nice but nothing I'd go out of my way for, but don't confuse it with the one in the cigar.com aging room as they are different cigars.
    Hmmm. I didn't know that. Well, then I stand corrected. Who knows, then? Maybe it is worth $20 to try once.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Bought a bunch of these from CCom last year, would give them a call...good smoke, but a little high on the price! Plus the new release is coming soon too
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    although I love just about everything Tatuaje ... i am one that thinks most of his cigars are whacked out in Price and im not a big fan of the Limited edition Deals its easy to throw together a billion cigars different sizes and add a new leaf and throw on a fancy new band and call it something Different and throw on a Rediculous price.... this has been my expierience.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Wait for the 09. Apparently they don't have the wrapper problems that the 08 have, and also have a good Pelo de Oro content.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    and you can preorder the new release at a discounted price.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    +1, heard they're going fast though...
    docbp87:
    Wait for the 09. Apparently they don't have the wrapper problems that the 08 have, and also have a good Pelo de Oro content.
    really? hmm, good to know.
    zeebra:
    would this be here? or somewhere else?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Doubt CCom is offering futures on these... PM'ed.