Home Ratings & Reviews

nub maduro?

I tried this stick this weekend, and  must say it was great.  My only concern and the question I am asking is that about the last third the wrapper compleatly craked and looked like a roadmap.  I had this cigar for about two weeks in my humi. I am very new to this and wondered if it was something I'm doing wrong.  Of the past 5 cigars I've smoked three have presented problems.  My hygro reading varies between 68 and 72% daily depending on the time of day.  I am just concerned about ruining my smokes. Any advice?

Comments

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Have you calibrated that hygro with a salt test? Could be that its not reading correctly.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • adrosadros Posts: 216
    no I haven't. I calibrated the one that came with my humidor and I bought a digital one and they read relativly the same. The guy at the cigar shop where I bought the digital one said that I didn't need to callibrate it.  I dont know if that is correct or not but like I said they read pretty much the same.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Probably ok there though, but you should really note down somewhere exactly how different they read from each other so that you have know your rh more accurately.

How long between arrival of shipment and smoking? Most guys on here wait at least a week or two, though some have at 'em right of the truck (ROTT). If its cold where you are I think it might be more necessary to let 'em rest a couple weeks.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • adrosadros Posts: 216
    This one had been sitting for two weeks.  And I'm in North Carolinia so it not very cold. their is a 2% difference in hygros. I just hate to think I got this bad of luck with these things.